Hooker header part #

-
Ill dis whatever I want to dis untill someone can show me PROOF the the pootra duals give ANY performance/economy benefit over a stock casting.

Ummmm... can you understand simple science? Let me try and explain it to you in simple terms EVEN YOU can understand: six exhaust ports into one 2" port won't flow as well as 3 exhaust ports into one 2" port, times two. Show ME written proof that HEADERS provide an improvement over a stock manifold on a slant six. Anyone with half a brain can understand how and why headers work. The same applies to ANY 3 into 1 cast iron dual manifold design, although admittedly to a lesser degree than headers.

I don't NEED to offer you proof — I'm not trying to sell parts!

Would you drink a bottle of piss if Doug told you it was water?

If it looked like water, smelled like water, tasted like water, and I was thirsty, would I believe a guy that had been distilling and bottling water for 40 years who told me it was water? Or would I believe some no-name punk with a big mouth who told me it was pi$$? What are YOUR qualifications to offer advice, other than the fact that you know how to type (barely)? Only a FOOL ignores the wisdom and experience of someone who's been doing something successfully FOR DECADES.

From what I have seen: Two cars roughly the same weight,BOTH have the long rod Slant build,similar builds,gearing,same trans...etc...one has hookers the other pootras,guess which one runs a full 2 seconds slower in the 1/4?Driver error etc... can account for some of that but not all.

And if your car never hits a dragstrip? Why is there the assumption that if you work on cars, all you care about it how fast it accelerates?

So ok 90 % of slant guys dont give a **** about the 1/4 mile,but I am willing to bet if they would pull their heads out of there asses,that they WOULD care about the power/economy hit they are taking.

How incredibly ARROGANT. Who the HELL are YOU to decide what's important about OTHER people's cars?!!! "Hey, if you don't think like me, you've got your head up your ***." Absolute acceleration is not EVERYONE'S top priority, junior, ESPECIALLY if you drive a slant. Some guys are more concerned with reliability and longevity, something kids seldom understand until (and IF) the get older. And what about things like ground clearance? I've beat up the bottoms of plenty of headers in my time, cause I like my cars low. My Swinger sits 2-3" lower than stock, and Dutras give me WAY more clearance than the headers I pulled off.

I dont care what you run on your car,and I dont care about your opinion.

Then why the HELL are you visiting a forum, where people SHARE opinions? Or are you just here to tell other people what they should and shouldn't do with their cars? I've owned cars with both headers AND Dutras over the years. You don't seem to have any actual EXPERIENCE with either one, just what you've seen (or read about) OTHER people doing.

What I do care about is all these little sheep running around going 'baaa'baaa'dutra duals'baa'baa when they have NO proof that they offer any benefit over the stock manifold.

I don't, nor have I ever claimed to offer proof, just this opinion: I put Dutras on my Swinger and noticed a nice improvement in acceleration and economy. I ALSO noticed an improvement when I swapped my 1bbl for a Super Six. Do have have before and after timeslips from either mod? NO. My mileage went up 2 mpg, and I can take a picture of the results on my calculator if that'll make you happy, but as I have always stated, I don't RACE my car. I didn't spend thousands of dollars and take my car to frickin' laboratory or dyno to quantify the differences before and after the mods — nor do MOST of the people who modify their cars! I'm just sharing my experience, which is what forums are all about. Since when do you need written proof to share your experience and/or opinions on a public forum? Where's YOUR proof about the two identical cars, one with headers, one with Dutras? Where are your timeslips? Statements from both drivers? Pictures of their cars/engines? PROOF that both cars were basically the same? Or are we just supposed to TRUST you? I think YOU'RE full of crap! Maybe you just work for Hooker...

So some poor guy comes along and takes your verbal garbage as fact and wastes his money;that is wrong!

Waa, waaa. NOBODY should believe everything they read on the internet. You do as much research as you can, you form your own opinions, and you roll the dice and spend your money. Even Crusaders of Truth and Justice like you can't protect a complete idiot from himself.

The fact that the Hookers come with a provision for manifold heat,makes the dutras completely useless. Slant on:thebirdm:

Spoken like a Hooker employee with too much time and not an ounce of intelligence.

What the HELL did Doug do to pi$$ you off, anyway, beat the crap out of you at the dragstrip? Kiss your mother?

There are some good folks over here at FABO, but unfortunately, there are also several young, mentally challenged idiots like yourself who take joy in spewing verbal feces all over the internet because you can hide behind an alias, and FABO's "moderators" tolerate and even enable this childish behavior from little farts like you. Sounds to me like you've spent some time at .org and were put in your place, so you came running to FABO to puff up your chest and run your ignorant mouth. Sorry the GROWN-UPS over at .org don't tolerate whiny, angry little temper tantrums from emos like you, but at least you found SOME PLACE who will put up with you.

Here's the thing — headers provide SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE compared to Dutra Duals at the drag strip. Period. If you're building a RACE CAR, BUY HEADERS. On the other hand, if your slant is a DAILY DRIVER, Dutra manifolds are a good option, based on MY experience with MY daily driver. They aren't for everyone, but neither are headers. Or 4bbls, or slants sixes, old cars in general. Different people have different needs.

Now I realize that quiet, dependable performance for a part that will OUTLIVE THE CAR might not mean much to a kid who just got his driver's license and will likely go through 5 cars in the next 5 years. But maybe someday, when you're HALF as old as my slant, you'll realize that life isn't all about the sacred quarter mile, or being faster than the next guy at the stoplight, or going as fast as you possibly can, regardless of any side effects. At least, not to us grown-ups.

My opinions regarding Dutras are based on personal experience. I've also owner several cars equipped with headers over the years. Once you own/install/use a set of Dutra manifolds yourself, FEEL FREE to come and trash them, and I'll respect your opinion. Otherwise, you're just spewing **** all over FABO and stinkin' up the place, NOT helping anyone make an informed decision.

MAN, I am out of this mess, hope some of you liked the pics.](*,)

The pics were a lot nicer than the pissing contest this has turned into. Thanks for taking the time to post your setup. Looks nice.

MAN, I am out of this mess, hope some of you liked the pics.](*,)

You're exaust looks good! I have the old 6-1 J.R. pierce header and i have to be very careful, I hit a road plate and it damn near took my whole exaust system off.

TF

I didn't know about Dutra Duals when I first got into slants. I bought 2 sets of headers when I got my Duster. I got the MP 6 into 1 and the Hookers. My first choice was the MP ones. (I knew that it was better suited to my build.) They would not work with my shift and clutch linkage. The only thing I had to modify for the Hookers was notch the "strut" or support bracket going to the bell housing.

You know on a V8 sometimes bigger isn't always better. Bigger tubes might be too much. Too big of exhaust can hurt you. Especially on the street.

The Hookers do have the "Wow!" factor.

-
Back