Hooker header part #

-

slow-s

Reaction score
I am sorry for this stupid question, but i have looked everywhere and just cant seem to find the part number for these /6 headers. If anyone could help me that would be appreciated, also the price and best place to purchase from if you know it off hand. Thank you so much.

Chris

Hooker part number 5602, $459.95 uncoated at Summit. The Summit part number is HOK 5602 HKR for plain steel or HOK 5602 1HKR for ceramic coated. Add around 2 bills for coating.

perfect, thank you very much. r these better than the clifford setup?

I have a 72 swinger so that shouldnt be a problem. Should the clearance be a problem on the 72?

72 Swinger w/ hooker headers. No ground clearence prob.

Dart exhaust 003.jpg

Dart exhaust 001.jpg

Nice looking system! Are you running 15" rims? I have scraped a few times going over speed bumps.

Then there was these 2 bastard kids that put a chunk of rip rap (large limestone) out in the road and dented one of my collectors. I ran them down to the house they were at and didn't call the cops. I had drank 2 beers previously and they would have been more interested in screwing with me than the kids.:argue:

thanks for the pic man!! that looks so good. so how is the power?? is it decent?

Running 14 inchers on front and back, cars runs great w/ the headers and full dual exhaust. :cheers: Also have the super 6 set up. Lowest point is 3 1/2 inches.

compared to a stock 318 car how is it?? I am just wondering if this is worth it for me. I just want something that makes enough power to have a little fun while driving. I dont need a 12 second car right now, just something fun!!! do you think that this setup with some suspension upgrades will cure me??

Headers are not overkill, unless you consider most flow/hp/economy overkill. I think the Dutras are overkill on my wallet. 450 bux for a set of cast iron turds,no thank you.

Headers are not overkill, unless you consider most flow/hp/economy overkill. I think the Dutras are overkill on my wallet. 450 bux for a set of cast iron turds,no thank you.

Only if you're dumb enough to pay someone else to something you can do yourself or have done locally. Front casting = $200. Modified rear casting = $40 by a local welder. Cheaper than headers, and I GUARANTEE they'll outlast them by a few decades.

You want headers? GREAT. But don't dis the Dutras. They're a quality product, and PERFECT for 90% of the slants on the road today, most of which will never see a dragstrip.

This set up can be fun, but like always some is never enough, have a 318 will want a 340, 340, want a 383, etc.

The Headers (Hooker) came w/the car, so I used them. No clearance problems even w/ power steering. I am just off of I-65 at exit #26.

sure ya can! used the down spouts from old ugglee 305 chevy manifolds and mig welded them to a stock slanty manifold,the pieces were cut with a sawzall and a blade for cutting cast steel,
I can't build a set of those...

duals101.JPG

supeduperglueformen.JPG

smartdawg.JPG

postage.JPG

whatisdawgdoin.JPG

Only if you're dumb enough to pay someone else to something you can do yourself or have done locally. Front casting = $200. Modified rear casting = $40 by a local welder. Cheaper than headers, and I GUARANTEE they'll outlast them by a few decades.

You want headers? GREAT. But don't dis the Dutras. They're a quality product, and PERFECT for 90% of the slants on the road today, most of which will never see a dragstrip.

Ill dis whatever I want to dis untill someone can show me PROOF the the pootra duals give ANY performance/economy benefit over a stock casting.

Would you drink a bottle of piss if Doug told you it was water?

From what I have seen: Two cars roughly the same weight,BOTH have the long rod Slant build,similar builds,gearing,same trans...etc...one has hookers the other pootras,guess which one runs a full 2 seconds slower in the 1/4?Driver error etc... can account for some of that but not all.

So ok 90 % of slant guys dont give a **** about the 1/4 mile,but I am willing to bet if they would pull their heads out of there asses,that they WOULD care about the power/economy hit they are taking.I dont care what you run on your car,and I dont care about your opinion.What I do care about is all these little sheep running around going 'baaa'baaa'dutra duals'baa'baa when they have NO proof that they offer any benefit over the stock manifold. So some poor guy comes along and takes your verbal garbage as fact and wastes his money;that is wrong! The fact that the Hookers come with a provision for manifold heat,makes the dutras completely useless. Slant on:thebirdm:

well I said it before and I guess one more time ain't gonna hurt nuthin! the dutra's are nice pieces.and the fact that they flow twice as much as a stock exhaust ought to count for something.these duals I make are uglee at best till you bolt em on then the ugleeness goes away real quick.they have 2" outlets.for performance headers are the way to go,for longevity probably the dutra's.not sure of the performance of any of them and really not my concern.my only concern was cost and having true dual exhaust,when MeMike seen em and asked for a set to fit a 170 I dug around the yard and found a 170 and made a set just for it and they did have to be made diffrent to clear the oil dipstick and I took into consideration if he had power steering or not and clearance to run the pipes with the 3 on the tree,this set rides real close to the bottom of the intake so should put some heat there for him.I see no need to be dissing dutra for any reason...I don't know the man but Iv'e seen his work...awesome I couldn't afford them so I made my own.

-
Back