Hooker Header sitting on steering linkage

-

demon700

Reaction score
The header, bolted tight to the block, sits on the passenger side steering linkage. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Is the trans mount in properly'if so maybe spacing the trans mount to trans might give enough room.Gotta try a few things so you don't have to "ding".

The mounts went in as per instructions, the lowest tube just sits on the top of the stud for the ball joint on the arm, I may try to trim the stud, but there isnt much there.

The cure is 1973 and up pitman arm, center link and Idler arm. All the new headers are made to fit the 73 up components. I cut and rerouted my tubes on my hookers, and then I installed a set on a 73 and they fit right on. Just something I learned from doing it. Make it easy and get the parts . you'll find the side of your pitman arm will dent the header when turned all the way to the left also. Steve

Wow..I guess I better take those hooker headers off my 71 demon and 71 dart..

make sure you get the correct idler arm ...get the moog part number...

also..make sure your pitman arm is installed up the spline all the way....

Wow..I guess I better take those hooker headers off my 71 demon and 71 dart..

make sure you get the correct idler arm ...get the moog part number...

also..make sure your pitman arm is installed up the spline all the way....
What dia. tubes are you using?

On my 68 Cuda the only way for the steering linkage to clear my Hooker headers was for the center link to pass between the pipes on the one header. The instructions stated that this would be required on certain models, in my case it was the driverside header, not sure if this applies to your Demon or not.

-
Back