Hooking up

-
Reaction score
The car is a 68 'cuda 340 rag. The frame is tied, I have adjustable drag shocks on order. The tire is MT drag radial 255/60/15. DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE USING SPRING CLAMPS TO HELP THE HOOK? How many and where? I do not want to use ss spring for the height issue and cal tracs are too much for this season's budget. I was told to throw the pinion snubber in the nearest landfill.

I`ve always used spring clamps and position them just in front of the axle so that they contain all of the leaves.The factory clamps will handle the remainder.For drag racing ONLY the clamps behind the axle can be removed save one.You can make a set of the clamps yourself or buy them from Mopar Performance. Mancini Racing has a threaded adjustable pinion snubber that works nicely for about $70.00. Instructions are included for street or drag use and auto or 4spd configurations.Hope this helps.

The car is a 68 'cuda 340 rag. The frame is tied, I have adjustable drag shocks on order. The tire is MT drag radial 255/60/15. DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE USING SPRING CLAMPS TO HELP THE HOOK? How many and where? I do not want to use ss spring for the height issue and cal tracs are too much for this season's budget. I was told to throw the pinion snubber in the nearest landfill.[/quote

Tried to delete upload of photo failed

Pinion snubbers work. I set mine 1/4" away from contact.

what was the deal with the Mopar Missles leaf-link setup?

-
Back