hope theres no stupid question

-

cnrtybyathrt

Reaction score
ok i have a mild cammed 340 in my 74 duster.airgap and 1406 eldebrock carb msd ing.question is if i look down in the carb there is 4 places for gas to come out into the carb body.the back 2 i assume is the 4 brl.. ok the front 2 lots of gas back 2 very little if any. and that would be just reving the car in park shouldnt there be a noticeable amount and it has to rev about 4500 to get any gas out the back 2.

I don't think a 1406 has vacuum secondaries....it should be linkage type. Your secondary main jets won't have fuel flowing through them until the secondary throttle plates are open. I've never seen those jets get plugged but I guess it's possible. You'll know if you get out on the road and floor it.....it'll fall flat on it's face and probably backfire and slow down until you close the secondaries again.

ok does have a linkage, it does run good i just thoughtyou would be able to see it spray gas.

Take a look at this and other explanations of how a carb works via Google.
http://www.explainthatstuff.com/how-carburetors-work.html

Your carb is designed to run on the front two barrels until you open the throttle enough to bring the rear two into action. It takes a fair amount of airflow to create enough vacuum to pull a visible amount of fuel into the rear throttle bores. Your front two are supplemented by the accelerator pump which actually squirts gas into the front throttle bores at the slightest linkage movement as well so you see gas easily there.
Everything is most likely fine with your carb.

ok does have a linkage, it does run good i just thoughtyou would be able to see it spray gas.
Like grimreaper said, there is not accelerator pump in the secondary on your model. You can see fuel flow through the main nozzels if the secondary throttle plates are open far enough, long enough.

-
Back