hope this is the right place to post?

-

alsdemon

Reaction score
was at a canton ohio yard to day looking for gas pedal cable all they had was a 66 cuda. but it was a 4 speed car and the floor where the shifter is was still good. he said 50.bucks cut out. the pedales were still there too. and will the gas cable fit my 71 demon. mine hooks on the pedal and this one hooks to the firewall?

It should be the same design. Both cable housings should attach to the firewall with a grommet and clip and both cables should attach through a keyhole in a bellcrank arm. The differences come in on length.....both the housing and the cable. 2bbl and 4bbl were different as were years. Measure yours and compare.

here were mines hooks ups all the other ones seem to goes in the firewall.it is a /6 cable so the v8 is shorter?

P1011679.jpg

P1011677.jpg

Either way, in the bellcrank plate or the firewall, same relative location. The V8 ones are much shorter than a slant 6.

cool if you know what abount a 78 f body with a v8 looks a lot shorter and has same firewall clip
I think all the later cars used the square hole, plastic clip-in type cable. I don't have an F-body here at the moment but I know the B and E bodies went to that style.i

-
Back