Horn gone bad

-

Kikowillers

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Today I found out the one of the horns in my Dodge is not working. I've checked the wiring and it's ok, so the problem must be the horn itself.

Does anybody know if the two horns are identical?
Any tips and tricks to try and repair the broken horn?
If it can't be fixed, any ideas of where to buy a new one?

I'm sending a pic of the horns, the bottom one is faulty. And a pic of the car just cuz it's my pride and joy!

Cheers!

Attachments

• photo-5.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC04134.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 171
The car is a Brazilian Dart that I shipped to Australia. I migrated here in 07 and couldn't bear the thought of selling the car.

So the wheels are rallies with the Brazilian center cap used in the cheapest models of the dart - which is what mine is.

With regards to the horn, any tips on how to fix it?

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• image-823745702.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 125
Unless,you sre numbers matching kinda guy,go down to the local parts store,ask if available for one of those neato early 70s E58 cars there.

Or, just saying, get an air horn :D
^that or go find a yard and grab some from a car of similar, hopefully if you grab a few one or more will work. Or you can get one from a company like classic industries if you want OEM style or a roadrunner one which would be cool as well
http://www.classicindustries.com/mopar/

There should be a little adjustment screw on the horn sometimes you can twist it with a pair of plyers wile some one pushes the horn button

View attachment image-943310782.jpg

If you see the philips screw that is an adjuster try turning it wile someone pushes the button it has worked for me

The high note horn usually burns out. No fix that I know of. Post a thread in the parts wanted section. I bought a matching pair here for my 66 a few years ago. Good luck with your search.
tmm

Tap it a few times sharply while horn has power, let it blast for a while too loosen it up,, may be nec to repeat a few times,.. sometimes that'll get them working,,

One horn will be an "F" and I can't remember the other,.. but you should find and "F" on one,, look in the same place on the other,,

-
Back