Horn on a 64 Valiant? Picture please.

-

Kmrumedy

Reaction score
Working on getting a 64 Valiant Hardtop drag car street legal. So of course it has no horn. I have it wired at steering ok now but no actual horn. I have a service manual but it doesn't show where it was originally mounted. Can someone please post an engine bay pic so I can see where it originally sat.

Also, does anyone have one for sale or has seen one for sale?

Thanks.

Here is car and bay I am working on.... I am hoping it goes on passenger side as you can see I am set up for that install.

image_zps8f84fdae.jpg

I think I have one ( if I did not sell it last fall at a swap meet...I can't remember) I will take a look through boxes of stuff in my shed when I get a chance if you like. It came off a 64 barracuda, and Iknow it works. Let me know if your interested.

I don't have a '64 Valiant, but...here are pics from a '65 Valiant V8 (yellow) and a '64 Dart Slant 6 (turquoise) - they both look the same, so I'd bet the '64 Valiant mounting is the same

Attachments

• 1965 Valiant Horns.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 255
  • 1964 Dart Horns.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 271
You need the horns AND the relay. All A-body horns were mounted in that location...

The relay is used to convert the switching of ground to a switching of 12v...

I think I have one ( if I did not sell it last fall at a swap meet...I can't remember) I will take a look through boxes of stuff in my shed when I get a chance if you like. It came off a 64 barracuda, and Iknow it works. Let me know if your interested.

Yes I am interested. Will send PM. I have friend that lives in Avon CT if that is close by.

"All A-body horns were mounted in that location..."

Don't mean to be too picky, but that is not quite correct. The '60-'62 Valiants and Lancers had their horns mounted on the inner fenderwell, about halfway between the radiator and the cowl.

"All A-body horns were mounted in that location..."

Don't mean to be too picky, but that is not quite correct. The '60-'62 Valiants and Lancers had their horns mounted on the inner fenderwell, about halfway between the radiator and the cowl.

I have a 1962 valiant and it is missing the horns also. It looks like they are set up to go on the driver's side inner fenderwell. Is this the right place? Thanks

I should have at least 1 extra set of Hi/Lo early A Body horns. Free if you pay the shipping.

"I have a 1962 valiant and it is missing the horns also. It looks like they are set up to go on the driver's side inner fenderwell. Is this the right place?"

They came with two horns, a high note and a low note. They were mirror images of each other so that each one would face forward. One horn mounts on each fenderwell, to threaded inserts attached to the sides of the fenderwell about halfway back in the engine compartment. There is a vertical bar-type mounting bracket that attaches to the fenderwell and to the horn.

"I have a 1962 valiant and it is missing the horns also. It looks like they are set up to go on the driver's side inner fenderwell. Is this the right place?"

They came with two horns, a high note and a low note. They were mirror images of each other so that each one would face forward. One horn mounts on each fenderwell, to threaded inserts attached to the sides of the fenderwell about halfway back in the engine compartment. There is a vertical bar-type mounting bracket that attaches to the fenderwell and to the horn.

Thank you Moparoldtimer, I have found where they both mount on the fenderwells. Someone took the horns and left the bolts and washers threaded back into the fenderwells. I have found the electrical for both also. Thanks

I am looking for a horn for my 64 Valiant if anyone has one please let me know. Big thank you to fanofpetty for trying.

Anyone got one for sale or seen one?

-
Back