Horn Problems With Tuff Wheel

-

_Sam

Reaction score
1973 Dart Swinger with a 318. Pretty unique question but my dad and I put the car together when I was 16 about 9 years ago. When we did we did a tuff wheel conversion and I remember running into a problem where the horn would continue to blow when trying to install the adapter. The work around was just to not have a horn at all do to the fact we were trying to get it all put together ( I know some might cringe at that ) but I don't exactly remember how we were able to do it. Since then I have taken the steering wheel off needing to get to the shifter and when I put it back together I'm running into the same problem where the horn continues to blow. There is no contact ring or anything on the adapter itself so I know it has something to do with the horn being grounded out when it contacts the switch so I was wondering if there is any sort of way I get keep it from being grounded and the horn going off so I can just get it put back together for now. Appreciate the help

If you pull off the horn button, can you see the single wire coming up the Center of the column, that activates the horn when grounded?

If so, if you hold it OFF the casting of the column, does the horn stop?

I'm guessing you have a problem with the horn button grounding the wire continuously, or you forgot the spring, or...You forgot to fish it through. And it's laying in there grounded

-
Back