Horn relay help

-

Tnplumber

Reaction score
I am looking for a horn relay for my 72 Dart Swinger. Anyone know where to buy? Thanks in Advance.

I didn't see a horn relay in the wiring diagram, so I assume you're adding one.
Tyco/Bosch makes the best relays, and if you also get a socket you won't be sorry.
The sockets have wires so you don't have to bother with adding plug-in connectors.

relay with socket.JPG

Checked with my local Napa, with very knowledgeable owner, he said the horn relay went obsolete.

Most any relay will work if connected properly. The thing is back in about 1980 they added a diode in the relays to prevent a spike that would kill the modern electronics. To hook up the relay wrong will blow that diode thus killing the relay internally.

Most any relay will work if connected properly. The thing is back in about 1980 they added a diode in the relays to prevent a spike that would kill the modern electronics. To hook up the relay wrong will blow that diode thus killing the relay internally.

Good, info thanks

Do you know the part number on it? If not can you post a picture of yours? I acquired a bunch of NOS parts but no idea what they fit. I found some horn relays (at least that's what they look like). If I got one I'll make you a good deal on it.

-
Back