Horrid Freight press "on sale" LOL

-
That will work if you keep everything perfectly straight. Once it gets out of whack it's scrap.

I can sure do that. Heck for that price I can't buy the steel and a jack to build one.

I've got one of those!

Its a bit of a flexi-flyer, if you haven't already figured that out. I've been using mine as is, since I really only use it for bushings and u-joints and the like, and that stuff doesn't really stress it at all.

The seal on the jack has finally gone out though, so it leaks oil when it gets hot in the garage.

A little reinforcement and some welding and it'll be super. Better jack wouldn't hurt either, although I've gotten a few years of use out of mine as is. I bought mine on sale with a 20% off coupon, think I only paid $100 for it brand new.

Dang did you have to snatch that up so quick? :)

I bought one of those and the seal in the jack was out and wouldn't hold the press in position when I got it home. Took the jack back and replaced it and that one lasted about three months. I've been using an old bottle jack that I got from my Dad since that one broke. Don't expect much of it but they are sure better than no press.

I've had mine for a couple of years. Never had a problem. Compleately redid my 61 Cadillac 2drHT last year and a bunch of stuff for my employer as well. When I assembled I did use my magnetic square to sure everything up. If my welder still worked I would have gusseted the corners.

I've had one of the 20 ton models for a few yrs. and the only problem I've had was if you let it set over a day or 2 the jack won't jack up right away. You have to pump the handle several times then it'll start to move and once it moves it works fine. Maybe just air in the jack?? Not sure. Haven't worked on any bottle jacks to know much about them. Other than that it's not bad and I've really put it to the test on some tough jobs.

-
Back