Horror Freight Titanium Mig 140---Seek Honest Assessment from the Pro's

-
I piked up the Titanium 200 a few months ago and I think its great for what my Dart needs. Its 240v or 120v and does MIG, TIG and Stick
View attachment 1715439712
View attachment 1715439713

Had these been around when I bought my Tweco I may have picked one up instead. Looks like a nice little unit. I really like the dual voltage capability for that extra power. My 141i serves me pretty well though. I have a couple larger machines if I need them.

Yesterday I returned my 170 Titanium. The thing would not weld consistently. It would just quit or the voltage seemed all over the place. Slow start wire feed was a pain in the *** too. One thing is HF took it back no problem.

Sadly I sold my Eastwood 135 But I have the Eastwood 175 ordered.

Here is the thing..I I think most people would agree that have a reputable welder..it you take care of it it will run forever..I bought my Lincoln used and beat up..still ran like new when I sold it 10 yrs later..I just bought a Miller 215 and I plan on owning it for at least 10yrs ..mig tig arc and dual voltage. If you plan on learning to weld then plan on owning the machine a long time..the better quality welder you learn with the faster you will progress..my 2cents

Hey Y'all,
I've already done a forum search on welder opinions and folks that are wayyyyy more knowledgeable than myself sure seem to like the Miller 211, this isn't up for debate here.

What i'm seeking is advice on whether this:
MIG 140 Professional Welder with 120 Volt Input

would be a total waste of my hard earned dollars or if you think it should perform what I would like it to do which is chiefly welding some custom aluminum brackets i'd like to build out of 3/16-1/4" Aluminium and the occasional welding of up to 1/4" steel.

I have absolutely zero welding experience but I'm a good learner, i'm also getting up there in years which is why i'm somewhat reluctant to drop the additional coinage on a quality unit like the Miller. Space is also at a premium for me as i've already got 25,000 lbs. of stuff in a 15,000 lb. box.

*I should have posed this question earlier but I've got a 25% coupon in hand that expires today which means I can I can get this for $300, looking at the accessories included of which I don't see a helmet i'd hate to get this and then have to spend another fortune to get it going. From just reading overnight I got the impression that Argon is necessary to cleanly weld aluminum so there is more cost, I'd obviously need a spool of Aluminum and curious if this welder would take an easily obtainable sized spool as I don't know a thing about standard spool sizing. It also states that I need an "additional" spool gun to weld aluminum, which made me curious because it already comes with what appears to be a spool gun so I can only surmise that steel and aluminum use different guns because of the Argon element?

I tried to lay out exactly what i'm looking for and Gonna be under the car so may not have alot of time to respond but y'all got a chance to SPEND or NOT my $$$. I'll check back in later today and see what the consensus is as if it's a thumbs up they close at Six today.

Appreciate the feedback In Advance!

PRODUCT OVERVIEW
The Titanium™ MIG 140 Professional Welder is a versatile wire feed welder with easy-to-use controls for trouble-free welding. The heavy duty all-metal drive system easily feeds solid and flux core wire and can be set up without tools. The MIG 140 Professional Welder is spool-gun ready for welding aluminum (spool gun sold separately). Ready to weld out of the box.

• Easy-to-use welding controls for trouble-free welding
  • Inverter technology for better arc start
  • Tool free design for easy process or wire changeover
  • Weighs only 24 lb. - ideal for shop or field use
  • Heavy duty all-metal drive system
  • Spool gun ready - no adapter required
REPLACEMENT PARTS IN STOCK
Call to Order: 1-800-444-3353

Owner's Manual & Safety Instructions (PDF)
Quick Start Guide (PDF)

SPECIFICATIONS
SKU(s)
Brand
Titanium
Model
TI-MIG140
Input Voltage
Wire Feed Speed
80 to 275 inches per minute
Accessories Included
Ground clamp, 180A MIG gun, 0.030 in. Solid and Flux-cored Wire spools, qty. (2) 0.030 in. contact tips, gas regulator with 6 ft. gas hose, gas nozzle, gasless nozzle, drive rolls 0.025 in.-0.035 in. solid, 0.030 in. -0.035 in. flux cored
Amperage (amps)
30A-140A DC
Certification
CSA
Duty cycle
90A /120V / 30% / 23A input
Maximum amperage output (amps)
140A
Minimum amperage output (amps)
30A
Open Circuit Voltage
Product Height
15-5/8 in.
Product Length
19-7/8 in.
Product Weight
24 lb.
Product Width
8-3/8 in.
Shipping Weight
37.50 lb.
Thermal Overload Protection (y/n)
Yes
Weldable metals
Steel, stainless steel, and aluminum (with optional spool gun)
Welding capacities
Steel: 24 ga. - 5/16 in.; Aluminum (with optional spool gun) 16 ga. - 3/16 in.
Wire Size
0.025 in. (0.6mm), 0.030 in. (0.8mm), 0.035 in. (0.9mm)

View attachment 1715438240 View attachment 1715438241 View attachment 1715438242 View attachment 1715438243 View attachment 1715438244

3 years late, but anyways. I bought the HF Titanium Unlimited 140 about 3 months ago. Mig, Flux Core, Tig and stick. Every function on here is great. Used them all. Fantastic looking welds, sturdy. You actually get a lot of bang for your buck with this machine. At $549.00 it has been a priceless asset for my shop. Hope you have had the same luck as me over the years you have had yours.

-
Back