Horse power guess

-

ScottieB007

Reaction score
here's my combo 9-2 to 1 compression , edelbrock performer intake and 650 carb , 61 cc heads ported and 360 exhaust valves stroked to a 325 cubic inch and headers 206 duration cam with .420 .420 intake and exhaust 110 lobe separation, what would you think the horse power and torque should be

I think you mean bored to 325? So I assume this is a 318?

I agree. 300 with a good tune.

you might be right, you build it , not me
but, when you say "ported heads" that can mean a lot of things depending on who did it

I never heard that one. .030 generally adds around 5 cubes so your offset ground crank got you 2 more whole cubes.

I missed the heads were ported. If they knew what they were doing, might get one HP per cube......maybe a little more.

The only reason that was done was to get the Pistons a little further up in the bore with out buying the 400 dollar piston set not to add cubic inch but it did add a littl

The only reason that was done was to get the Pistons a little further up in the bore with out buying the 400 dollar piston set not to add cubic inch but it did add a littl

Well, that's one way to do it!

61 cc heads, running magnums?

If the heads flow incredible up to 400 lift, you might get in the mid 3's. Kind of doubtful with such a small camshaft.

You're only talking about a 3% power gain per compression ratio roughly. At what cost? If it's just a street motor, you reach the point of diminishing returns real quick.

stock '73 340 has better heads,more cubes and bigger cam and was about 240 hp
you may be in that ballpark.

What is the intake valve size? Would another cam with more lift be viable? What ignition are you running? 9.2-9.5 static compression should be plenty on 91 octane for the street.

stock '73 340 has better heads,more cubes and bigger cam and was about 240 hp
you may be in that ballpark.

But 73 would be net hp
I seems when people talk about modified engines it's in terms of gross hp.

I'd say depends on your ported heads. I'll give around 300 hp @ 5000 and 380 lbs-ft @ 3500

Not sure, but if you put an 800 cfm Edelbrock on it you could possibly see an extra 30hp.

-
Back