Hose covers / clean up underhood ideas?

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
I put on a Coolflex upper hose a couple years ago. I love the look, hate the price. Their customer service left a whole lot to be desired as well. I really want to do the lower hose and the heater hoses as well, but the prices are ridiculous. Are there any really good looking covers that are reasonable? Something that doesn't leave frayed ends showing and has hose clamp covers? Quality stuff? Possibly a good quality Coolflex looking brand that is priced less? I'm not cheap, but $293 for Coolflex heater hoses is not in the budget.

Doesn't Ebay have a brand similar to that? Bam, there they are! :)

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/171161674739?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT"]44" Chrome Stainless Heater Hose w Chrome Caps Universal | eBay[/ame]

For $45 I can hardly go wrong. The lower hose is $35 through these guys as well. I wish I could find something for the bypass hose.

Looks very nice. I like the look. You did your pcv hose, I see. Did you find a way to do vacuum hoses as well?

There was a size included in the kit that fit vacuum lines too but it didn't have the end covers for that smallest size. If you look at the right side of the first pic you can see a portion of the vacuum line that runs to my performance meter is covered.

I used a similar braided cover kit years ago and it incuded shrink tubing to be used on the smaller vacuum hoses instead of clamp covers.

I like the clean/simple look of plain black heater hoses. As far as the upper and lower hoses are concerned, I've seen a few cars with polished stainless tubes instead of a hose. They had a short length of hose on either end to attach it.

-
Back