hose from oil breather to air cleaner on 383

-
Yes both full marks are just short of 20” looks like your stick is on par. Are you using the correct tube as pictured. Overall Length should not really matter just the full mark location. The add marks are a bit different and do not know if add is a quart, or 1/2 quart?

Is the windage tray installed? It might reduce about 3/16 for the full mark if the tray and second gasket is not installed.

Last edited:
no idea if there is a tray installed. I sorta doubt it from what I know of builder.... Yes tube looks like that. Sharp bend kind of sucks puttiing stick back in or is that just me?. Anyway I am probably overthinking this but you know you don't want to be low on oil. Pressure is always good around 65 just cruising ans like I said it runs cool. I think Ii will just keep it at or slightly above mark and do a better job draining next oil change and see what she takes. Thanks for all your input.

Next time you change The oil and are under it just look at the pan rail, if the tray is there you will see it sandwiched between 2 gaskets of the block and pan. It may only change By an 1/8 not 3/16.

If you put a full length breather hose on, you can always loosen the air cleaner nut and slide it around a tad to twist off that breather, just a thought.

-
Back