Hospice

-

ramenth

Gratis persona
Reaction score
The time has come.

Momma has progressed in the stage of Alzheimer's my parents family doctor warned Pop about, she's not swallowing.

Right now she's receiving comfort care at an area hospital, admitted last night as Pop took her the ER for some answers to questions.

Decision was made last night to call Hospice. She will be transported home on Monday and made comfortable.

It's not Momma I'm worried about. Her ease of passing is the only thing we can do. It's Pop. In just a week they will have their 59th wedding anniversary. Pop is 77, Momma 74. Fifty nine years is a long time to be together no matter how you cut it and at this point, a lot of with each other, as opposed to life without.

I always sought God's plan in my life. I recently had an emergency move in with my parents, and see why I'm here. Losing my wife, Sarah, was preparation for this moment.

Sorry, guess, I'm rambling. We, as a family are, gonna need a lot of strength to get through this and pull Pop out the other side, and Pop is gonna need it, too, to walk further.

Prayers are always cherished and helpful.

Prayers for your family Rob. We stayed with Dad at hospital until he took his last breath. I wish we had done it at home more comfortable.
Players and thought for your family.

Wow you've had a tough time.
I feel for you having gone through something similar with my parents.
Thoughts and prayers of comfort for you and your family.

Sorry to hear this Robert, I’ll say some prayers for her...and also for your Pop....

59 years is amazing...... When I think about my age and the fact that 2 people have a had a bond that long is something..... They are certainly both special people.....

JW

I'd hit the thanks button, but a laughing emoji with two thumbs up seems inappropriate at the moment.

So, if I hit like, I'm thanking you.

hospice is a strange time
my father in law went through it several years ago, and i couldnt have asked for a better group of people to take care of him those last few days of his life

i also could not have asked for a better way for my wife to say good bye to her dad
i know it is never a good time but if it has to happen (and we know it does) this seems to me the best way to do it

My heart and prayers are with you and your family as well Robert! I hope and pray that Pop can find peace and comfort in his heart as Mom is relieved of her earthly burdens!

You and your family are in my paryers.
I'm sorry for your Father.
I pray God will comfort all who know and love you guys.
I pray for strength and clarity for your family.
God is good even when life is not .
If you ever need specific prayers let me know.
Thanks for sharing brother.

Robert....you're probably the strongest person that I've never had the fortune to meet and shake hands with. Your parents are blessed to have you by their side thru this time. Prayers sent for all of you.

Prayers. I watched Dad put mom through hospice and live years after. He never got over losing her and till the day he died he said he wanted to go with her.

God has a plan. May He hold you and yours in the palm of His hand.

Sorry to hear this. I have complete empathy since I just went through it with my Dad in early December. After 7 years of progressive Alzheimer’s care, he lost the ability to swallow. A few days later, he was gone. My Mom passed from Alzheimer’s 8 years earlier and also lost her ability to swallow 5 days before the end. Hospice for both at the end. They had been married for 58 years when my Mom passed.

Nothing makes it easy, you just have to stay strong as I know you will.

Prayers.

Prayers for you and your family. Im sorry for all your going thru. I pray for peace and comfort for everyone.

God is always in control. These decisions are never easy to deal with. I have elderly parents too and know the time will come to make hard decisions.

I will pray for you and your family. Keep your Mom comfortable and cherish every hour with her and your dad.

Always remember this: “I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me”. Phillipians 4:13

Prayers sent your family's way Robert. My brother and aunt both passed in hospice care. Those people are truly a God send.

Awful sorry, Robert. Adding her to our prayer list.

Prayers for you and your family, I've been contemplating the very same thing lately, my parents have been married 56 years and I can't imagine what one would do without the other. I just lost my sister in law on January 2nd, hospice was a great help.

-
Back