Hospital Regulations

-

Mark Wainwright

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hospital regulations require a wheel chair for patients being discharged. However, while working as a student nurse, I found one elderly gentleman already dressed and sitting on the bed with a suitcase at his feet, who insisted he didn't need my help to leave the hospital.

After a chat about rules being rules, he reluctantly let me wheel him to the elevator.

On the way down I asked him if his wife was meeting him.

'I don't know,' he said. 'She's still upstairs in the bathroom changing out of her hospital gown.'

Well, after a procedure for a blocked esophagus, I split in less than an hour. But with the Lung issue I've been having ( Fk You China!) For over 4 months, that almost killed me, several times, and has Done UNTOLD damage to me, Due to Incorrect Diagnosis, I'm RUNNING OUT OF THEM PLACES, unless I'm about dead.... please everyone do not take this as medical advice, make sure you talk to your doctors and your families and the Good Lord Above before you make any decisions! God bless all y'all stay safe and stay healthy

It's ironic for sure. After the ordeal I experienced back in the spring, they put me though some physical therapy. Walking first, then up and down stairs, etc. Then to leave there and go to the actual therapy place they insisted I ride out the door in a wheelchair and ride in an ambulance 3 miles down the road. Copay for ambulance ride, 500.00. So, I had to pay that times 2.

It's ironic for sure. After the ordeal I experienced back in the spring, they put me though some physical therapy. Walking first, then up and down stairs, etc. Then to leave there and go to the actual therapy place they insisted I ride out the door in a wheelchair and ride in an ambulance 3 miles down the road. Copay for ambulance ride, 500.00. So, I had to pay that times 2.
In Canada you pay 45 bucks for an ambulance.

Crooks....

Depending on where in Canada and what extended health coverage you have.
My parents paid $350.00 this spring when my stepfather was taken to the hospital, about a 7 minute trip.
Oh really. I assume your stepdad is over 65? Fortunately I haven't had to find out yet but this is what my friends tell me.

Crooks....
yep, they have a milage charge on the bill. First ride, to the hospital, I know the most direct/shortest route. They took me all around the area on roads I never traveled. before. Wife was driving when we left the rehab place. She said they pulled the same scam from hospital to rehab. Absolutely crooks!

yep, they have a milage charge on the bill. First ride, to the hospital, I know the most direct/shortest route. They took me all around the area on roads I never traveled. before. Wife was driving when we left the rehab place. She said they pulled the same scam from hospital to rehab. Absolutely crooks!
That's BEYOND Dirty! Unreal Man

You do not want to be medevac'd then goes $20,000 to $30,000.
My parents live down the road from an airforce base

Back when I was living there, the medevac chopper was stationed downtown BUT local noise ordinances said it could only fly 3 night flights per week

Can you imagine needing to spend that 20-30K to save your life but you couldn't because some citizens decided thier uninterrupted sleep is more important then your life ?

Since I've moved out, they reassigned the chopper to the air force base, now it can make as many flights as needed (day or nite) and rather then being tied down to one hospital it can now take the patient to 3 different hospitals, depending on distance and expertise

There have been days I've seen that big yellow bird pas by 3 times

-
Back