Hot Air Balloon Ride

-

6pakattack

Reaction score
While my wife and I were on vacation this past summer,we decided we'd like to give theBalloon ride a try in Penn.Unfortunately,weather wasn't on our side,so we had to take a rain check.Since then my wife decided we should try again,only this time out of NC.Called today to confirm our date in Oct and try to get an idea so we can make arrangements with a motel.Well guess who has some great luck,my !! The weekend we are scheduled,they are having some special gig happening that we will be part of a 50 Hot Air Balloon Flight !! How friggin awesome is that ? Well,to me it's killer!!! When we moved to Naples,Fla back in '87,we got to watch their Fantasy 'N Flight Balloon launch,and it was awesome !! And now to be part of one will be Most Awesomest to say the least !!!:blob::blob::blob::blob:

We did it a few years ago

It is very quite in the air except when the lite the burners

Wear a hat. They told us to wear long pants because they never know where they will land

It was a very good experience, we also had our good friends join in making it a crowded but special day for all of us

Have fun, if like ours you are part of the crew helping with set up & tear down

We're most definitely looking forward to it !!!Silly question,but why the hat ?? Scorched head ? Maybe the hottest I ever get,huh ??:banghead:

We're most definitely looking forward to it !!!Silly question,but why the hat ?? Scorched head ? Maybe the hottest I ever get,huh ??:banghead:

it was very hot the day we went and when he fired the burner it got really warm, the hat will keep some of the heat away.

He had a big burner since there was 5 of us in the basket so he might have used a bigger than normal one

you definately feel the heat

Well,made it back safe and sound from our Ballon ride !!! Totally friggin awesome experience !! There were 5 of us in ours too,but most enjoyable none the less !!! We were part of a 50 Balloon festival in Statesville,NC. As soon as the wife gets her pics loaded I'll share !! Damn,I'm ready to go again !!:D:D:D:D

Awesome! Glad you enjoyed the ride. I've gone up once, and it was a real blast. I knew a guy who went up the day before I did. The next time I saw him, he was in a leg cast - got thrown down hard when the basket hit the ground and dumped over. My balloon was drifting a little low and the pilot hit the burners.....right over the top of a hog farm. Talk about a bunch of squealing pigs running everywhere!!! I would love to go up again.

Sounds like a great time. Can't wait to see the pictures.

-
Back