Hot or not?

-

6T9QDA

Reaction score
So I've got these wheels from 2000s Ford Ranger pickups. 15x7, 4-3/4 backspace, 5 on 4-1/2, bore opened to Mopar size, and they're a very nice fit. I like the look; an update for the classic 5-spoke design. But I hate the chrome blob that is the original Ford nut cover, so I'm thinking about closed-end lug nuts and screwing on American Racing-style center caps. There are sources for center decals that could be a Pentastar, or a Mopar M, or maybe a Barracuda fish. What do you think of this combo for a 69 Barracuda?

Caps.jpg

For the front, that is too much backspace
About the most you can run with a 15, is 3.75bs. I once tried to run a 15x8 steel wheel with a 4.25"bs, and spent hours trying to make it work.
In the end, I took the wheel to a wheel shop and had them cut the spider out and move it over to 4inches, and I still had to trim the BJs at full-droop, and I still had to move the wheel-weights

On the back, they might fit, but you might need spacers to get them off the springs. Measure

As for their appearance; That is a personal thing.
Personally; notta chance would I run them on my 68 Barracuda.
But then, I wouldn't run Cragar SSs either, nor Keystones; so there's that, lol.. I have a fondness for Kidney-slot mags, that I'm sure harks back to the 60s lol.

The back will work fine if you’ve got an A-body 8 3/4 with BBP axles. No big deal.

In the front you can easily run a 15x7 with up to 4.5” of backspace, no idea what AJ is talking about. Mopar police wheels are 15x7, 4.25” backspace and fit great. With a 15x7” and 4.75” of backspace it will be right on the suspension/brakes though, you may need a spacer up front to get closer to a 4.5” backspace. Some of that depends on the actual design of the rim.

As far as the rims themselves, I wouldn’t run them but it’s not my car and plenty of people wouldn’t run what I’ve got either, so that’s up to you.

I mistyped that. The backspacing is actually 4.25 and is just about right with the 70s disc brakes in the front and cut-down c-body axles in the rear.

-
Back