Hot out of the Forge PST's 1.03 Torsion bars

-
They are on the road to us from the forge now. Hoping to see them early next week. I will make a post when they arrive.

Thanks
James

The torsion bars just arrived today and are back in stock. They are available online and through our phone sales. Don't forget to use the members only discount.

Thanks
James

any chance that pst will make larger bars in the future? 1.12 or 1.18?

Firm Feel already makes them. Offset is set up pretty well on the 1.12's I have on my Duster, I love 'em.

Yes, they cost more. But they're worth it. :thumbup:

Any chance we can get the spring rates on these?

Good luck! Been trying for over a year to get a wheel rate for the PST 1.03's. I'm sure it's probably somewhere between 230 and 250 lb/in as PST mentioned earlier in the thread, but personally I would bet they're a lot closer to 230 lb/in than they are 250. In fact, if I had to put money on it I'd say they probably are almost exactly 230 lb/in, given how their B body 1.03" bars are 209 lb/in and how those compare to FFI's published WR's for their 1" and 1.06" bars.

I gave up and bought a set of 1.06" Firm Feel bars for my GT. Yes, the FFI's are more expensive, but I have a couple sets from them already and they haven't let me down.

HEY, mine didn't come with new retainer clips WTH is up with that?

Just causin trouble James.:D

Have a set in the popmobile and love them! 2 day delivery also!

Attachments

• PICT0823.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 211
Just got the PM:

Re: 1.03 spring rates
I did the calculations for the 1.03" bars. The spring rate is 265lbs/inch

Thanks
James

Just got the PM:

Re: 1.03 spring rates
I did the calculations for the 1.03" bars. The spring rate is 265lbs/inch

Thanks
James

Hmmm. :-k

Well, I'm glad that they got back to someone, but I think they need to check their math. 265 lb/in would make them 13 lb/in stiffer than a FFI 1.06" A body bar. PST's B-body 1.03" bar is 209 lb/in according to them, which is 16 lb/in softer than a FFI 1.06" B body bar.

While the A-body bars have a higher wheel rate for a given diameter than B-body bars because of the A-body's shorter torsion bars and longer LCA's, if they're making them out of the same metal as their B body bars the wheel rate should be closer to 232 lb/in. That's what I get solving backwards from their B-body published wheel rate and B-body LCA geometry and torsion bar lengths to find the spring constant they used for their B-body bars. Using that spring constant with the A-body bar length and LCA geometry gets me to 232 lb/in.

Anything within 5-10 lb/in from that wouldn't surprise me, but 265 lb/in doesn't make sense.

Ordered mine last week. Got them 3 days later. Put them in yesterday. Insane the difference between them and my /6 bars. Installing sway bar. Can't wait to drive the car.

-
Back