Hot Rod Power Tour 2019

-

1969VADart

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone is planning on participating in the Hot Rod Power Tour next summer (June 2019)? Goes through the following locations next year:

Charlotte--Z Max Dragway
Martinsville Speedway
Bristol Motor Speedway
Kentucky Motor Speedway
Lucas Oil Raceway (Indy)
Fort Wayne, IN
Norwalk, OH

If I get the cooling system in my Dart straightened out this winter, I am planning on making the trip with my daughter.

Oh man I really want to run this event. Not sure if I'd be upto it though knowing I built the car myself.

Riddler

Thinking about catching it between Kentucky Speedway and Indy.
My summer should be a little more freed up, so if the weather cooperates I think I'd like to do this.

i'd love to do it in my lil red express. just not sure i'll have the cash at the time.. seems all the rooms close are booked already. maybe have to find camp grounds near by if i do it.

Yup, I'm doing the entire tour next year.

Booked all my hotels the day they announced it in October.

Did the long haul last year. Travelled 3000 miles in my Dart in 8 days.

My buddy and I had the time of our lives. We had such an awesome time we're doing the entire tour again. We met some of the most increadible people and cars.

To anyone who is interested in doing the tour, make sure your cooling system is bullet proof. My cooling system was borderline especially with the A/C on. I just spent big bucks getting a high efficiency 3 core installed on my factory rad.

There is a ton of stop and go traffic and idling through small towns.

So much so, I converted my 4 speed back to auto just to do the Power Tour.

Would love to go but would have to get rid of the 3:90's. ..... a bit far from NY.. Maybe Friday at Norwalk .. will there be racing thru the weekend ?

Last edited:
Would love to go but would have to get rid of the 3:90's. ..... a bit far from NY.. Maybe Friday at Norwalk .. will there be racing thru the weekend

I'm running a 2.76 in my 8 3/4.

A really nice gear for highway cruising.

Last edited:
Hey Dick, I just realized you posted above mine.

Chris and I are really looking forward to cruising with you on the tour!

Now the question is, which Dart will you bring? Swinger or GTS?

Ed:

Just figured out last night it was you as well! Hope you and Chris are well. Hoping to bring the GTS, but need to put some miles on it in the Spring to "prove" it road worthy (especially the cooling system). The prior owner put only about 200 miles on it in 7 years, so it sat a lot and you know how hard that is on a car! I put about 100 miles on it in the short time between purchase and drive to the lake for Winter hibernation. Got some projects over the Winter on both Darts - looking forward to quiet time in the garage as I mosey on into retirement!

Did get room booked at the same hotels as you, so all set there.

Dick

I will look out for you guys along the way. Would love to figure out how to get a group A body picture somewhere along the way.

-
Back