Hotchkis hood pins installed

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
I wanted these for so long. I finally bit the bullet and ordered them. I was almost done when I realized I was missing one stainless steel bolt and nut. I went into town to find one and they didn't have stainless but had black. I bought all new black bolts and I like the way they pick up on the black from my hood. Man is it hard to drill holes in a perfectly good hood.
View attachment Hood pin mounted.jpg

View attachment Hood pins hole drilled.jpg

View attachment Hood pins hole drilled top.jpg

This is with silver bolts
View attachment Hood pins silver bolts.jpg

View attachment Hood pins with black bolts.jpg

View attachment Hood pins with black bolts 1.jpg

View attachment hood pins full frontal.jpg

very nice- I might have actually left the hood pins in place when I redid my Duster if I had seen those first.

So what? They are what I like. Who cares where they came from?

Well, by the looks of it Ring Brothers sells them for $15 less and offers them in natural, grey anodized or black anodized.

Other than that, they're pretty much identical.

I remember immediately wanting a set as soon as I saw them on Hotchkis' site, they're really nice. But $200 bones is a heck of a lot of money for hood pins.

Doesn't matter.You bought a product you trusted,and were happy with the final product.And yes,it does hurt to drill a nice hood.That is a nice product,didn't even know it existed.

Well, by the looks of it Ring Brothers sells them for $15 less and offers them in natural, grey anodized or black anodized.

Other than that, they're pretty much identical.

I remember immediately wanting a set as soon as I saw them on Hotchkis' site, they're really nice. But $200 bones is a heck of a lot of money for hood pins.

I paid $188 with free shipping. Ring Bros. on Summit is $199 plus shipping. Not quite identical but definitely very close. Never thought this was going to get into a discussion about manufacturers and price. I was just showing off a cool new part on my car.

I thought the same thing on the price of hood pins, but once I saw these, nothing else was going to look as good. I sold some parts and gathered up the money.

Your $$$.....your car!!

Those look great....I like 'em and should put pins on my car too, but I hate the thought of drilling the hood :-(

Man those look awesome. The black screws really set it off, too. Amazing what four bucks at a hardware store can do for you.

So, it took what? A half hour to install after the two hours of gathering up the nerve to take a drill to your paint? :D

Man those look awesome. The black screws really set it off, too. Amazing what four bucks at a hardware store can do for you.

So, it took what? A half hour to install after the two hours of gathering up the nerve to take a drill to your paint? :D

The hardest part was finding a spot to mount the pin that hit the hood is a spot that was flat and drill-able. Then making sure everything was exactly even side to side. Once the pins were in, I put a tiny dab of my daughter's neon nail polish on the pin's center and closed the hood on it. I used a spring loaded punch to mark the spot and checked it four more times to be sure it was right before I drilled. Half an hour after the drilling is about right. I also couldn't find my 1/2 drill, so I had no way to drill the 3/4" hole. I ended up using a step drill bit. It worked awesomely.

Your car and $$, spend as you see fit. They look great with the black hardware. I have an understanding of what you mean about drilling into a perfectly good hood. My car was painted and had bubbles appear a few months later. Had my friend replace the lowers. When I talked to Jim, the guy that that did the cutting, he said he had a very difficult time taking the cutting wheel to my shiny paint.

I like em.....those were on my list, but just ordered the RingBros teardrop shaped ones

The hardest part was finding a spot to mount the pin that hit the hood is a spot that was flat and drill-able.

Huh. My Dart's and my Challenger all have spots for the pins, dimples where the pins get mounted and holes in the under hood bracing to indicate where you drill through the sheet metal. Guess the later models don't have that? Never thought to look on my Duster...

Huh. My Dart's and my Challenger all have spots for the pins, dimples where the pins get mounted and holes in the under hood bracing to indicate where you drill through the sheet metal. Guess the later models don't have that? Never thought to look on my Duster...

Not on mine. In fact,, where mine fit the best, one of the mounting screws was inside the divot shape that the hood adjustment bumper sits in. I had to drill through ftom the top and then enlarge the hole from the bottom with a rasp. I had to make it big enough to accept a socket.

The dimple is in clear view,on the first pic.

Congrats on your pins. Not my style,but if your happy with them,that's all that matters.

those are very cool. i like those. looks great. i need to sell some parts that im not using for parts that i can use...

The dimple is in clear view,on the first pic.

Congrats on your pins. Not my style,but if your happy with them,that's all that matters.

That dimple lines up to the hood at a curved spot where the base piece on the hood would not sit flat. It was where I wanted to go, but test fitting a flat base on a curved hood doesn't work unfortunately.

That dimple lines up to the hood at a curved spot where the base piece on the hood would not sit flat. It was where I wanted to go, but test fitting a blat base on a curved hood doesn't work unfortunately.

Thats strange. I wonder if stock ones have a bit of a curve in them for just that reason? No big deal though. They look nice.

Only thing I don't like is how they thought they needed to blast there name all over them.

-
Back