Hotchkis leaf springs sagg brand-new

-
Thanks, I appreciate it, I will contact you tomorrow. Im all for helping you guys out as well. If FL had a lotto ticket with 1000:1 odds id love to buy one of those as well.

I told myself I wasn't going to post anything else on this, but when I saw this I couldn't stop myself. after 6000 miles, maybe a year old and the bolt that holds the spring pack together is sheared off! I'm sure this was my fault too somehow. I guess you need to put another finger up for another set of springs truly bad from the factory- I know I've got one or two fingers up...

Old and busted:

New hotness:

The Hotchkis springs are crap. Mine were gone after 1500 miles of street driving . I'm not going to bad mouth Hotchkis but I replaced them with 1" drop 6-leaf ESPO springs and I couldn't be happier , lesson learned.

I don't mean to directly bad mouth Hotchkis, just express my displeasure with them and hopefully help someone whose looking for a rear suspension make an educated decision.

These springs are the same set I've had since the demon ran (6-7000mi of street only use). I never received a warranty set or anything like that. Hotchkis eludes to them offering me a warranty set, but it was under the condition that I send my set in before receiving another set (I would've been more than cooperative with them on this if it weren't my only vehicle at the time; I couldn't afford even a week of downtime).

I'm not going to say you couldn't have received a defective set. But these springs are made for a specific purpose. The have a 0 arch . Spring will settle in about the same amount of time people are saying they sag? I know of several cars running there springs on autocross and road course/ open track cars. Hotchkis also runs them on there cars. And they perform quit well for there intended purpose. Have have heard people say they set to low. For a road course/ auto cross car they set where they need to be. Low and flat. They may not be to your liking but the picture you posted of the green car. The car is setting where you would want it. Or where they are made to set. Just my opinion. I run them on my car with sliders.

I guess I'm still part of the few that love the Hotchkis springs. The only thing I've changed was back to the stock spring front mount because i wanted a little rake. 6000+ miles and 450+ autocross runs. No issues.

-
Back