houndstooth in an early A body

-

737jetdr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about redoing my interior in my 65 valiant wagon with Houndstooth material. Has anyone done this in an early A? Looking for a few pics for reference. Thanks.

Have never seen it done but I like the concept.

if you're talking about the orange car in your avatar pic...i think a nice black/white herringbone would set it off nicely. I am actually doing the same thing with my 72 Demon. The bench seats came in a larger plaid pattern, but doing the bucket seat inserts in mine, so I chose houndstooth over the plaid. I have pics I can attach that are from a Duster with exactly what I'm doing. I also attached a low bucket seat that was done. My car is white with black stripes and black guts...so the orange will make it pop!
houndstooth2.jpg
houndstooth3.jpg
houndstooth1.jpg

Here's my plan for my convertible if I ever get to it. Not the seat but color combination

Screenshot_20180106-094109.png

valiant wagon seat.png
djais,I like the orange. Your car will definitely POP with those. Black and white will be my choice for my wagon. I will probably do the Procar seats for the front and have the back seat done up to match. Having trouble deciding between lowback and high back. Swinging more toward the high back for comfort.
I like your seats too abodyjim. Very clean looking.

View attachment 1715139434 djais,I like the orange. Your car will definitely POP with those. Black and white will be my choice for my wagon. I will probably do the Procar seats for the front and have the back seat done up to match. Having trouble deciding between lowback and high back. Swinging more toward the high back for comfort.
that's nice. tough call...smaller car might look better w low backs but def more comfort with the high backs.

-
Back