House fires destroys 69 Barracuda Convertible

-
I feel for the guy. And yes places like Hagerty will cover your project car. Please make sure you have adequate insurance because you never know what will happen.

Everyone should have classic insurance EVEN if the car is NOT finished.

I agree. I have 3 project A bodies I hope(one day :angry7:) to finish and I have all 3 in SGI's (auto insurance) system and also insured on top of just the basic coverage.

I can't imagine what's goin' through your buddies head right now, that is just a shame.I wish him well:neutral:

Bummer

I lost a cherry 68 SS Chevelle in a horrible fire in 79.

Yea I know POS Chevy.

The only bright side was my neighbor came over and sold me his Pale Yellow 67 Satellite with a factory 383 (Built to race) and a 4 speed with a Dana for $1,400.00.

Needless to say that's the day I became a Mopar man forever......1980 was a good year for me.

Hope you had it insured for at least 35K

My wife has a 69 vert as well.....6r with the 904 and the tiny diff.....I guess It just appreciated a bit more....sorry for your loss.

Mop

I don't know if I could stand to see pics!
My thoughts are with your friend and His family!
Stick with them even if he say's "I'm OK"!
Is there any help I can offer from Middle Georgia?
Let me know.

Later,
Bruce B.

He is doing better, still homeless, although he has been staying with friends and his girlfriend. We are going to load the car onto what's left of the trailer and take it down to his girlfriend's or possibly my driveway and evaluate what is left of sheet metal. We will post pictures and offer what is useable up for sale (most sheet metal is warped, but some areas may be useable). Some parts that were not on the car will be offered as well. If anyone has any old mopar T-shirts in XXL, a donation or cheap price would be nice. I will ask him if he wants his user name from FABO mentioned as he has been a member and was the one who introduced me to this site. He and i have bought and sold thousands of $$ worth of stuff on here from parts to cars. He currently is considering a mid 60's-early 70's B-body ( driver) as he is 6' 5" or so. I convinced him to originally do the barracuda, as he was going to trade it for a bigger car.
If anyone can help in these ways, let me know. i will have the postings in the next few days,

David

-
Back