how about a 440??

-

chad72duster

Reaction score
i have a buddy who says he knows where there is a 68 chrysler 300 the old boy wants $400 for it. i did a little reasearch today and this should be a 440 and 727. If this is what i think i am thinking to hell with paint and body lets just have an ugly big block duster?

What do you guys think/

hey Craig its George again so you know this could go the way of the Hemi :D

I'm all for you stuffing a bigblock into your Duster Chad, It's just too bad you didn't run across this before you got the 340 motor.
I'd still try to grab it for as cheap as possible, piece out the car (E bay maybe..?), and hopefully end up getting the motor and tranny for free when your all done.
That way you will keep the wife happy :wink:
Then you could still have your car painted as planned, and while enjoying your tricked out 340 Duster, you could slowly start piecing together an even meaner 440. Or just sell the 340 and do it all now... :twisted:
Either way good luck

thats the plan, keep my 340 and build the the 440 if the deal goes through. part out the rest on ebay or MOPARTS hopefully make back my $400 bucks and take about a year or two and build the 440. If I do this I want to go with a high compression set up and push the limit. I may even stroke it what the hell. I may be a ble to get my buddy Joe to let me do the machine work at his shop for free so then its only parts. Build the lower half and the save up the cash to go with some dart or some other aftermarket High flow heads. Jump it up to about 650 to 700 HP set up the 727 and a stall and some gear and look for some 10's.

The i may have to go look for Brett :D of course that will take few years.

So George found you a 440, is he sure its not a HEMI :D I had a 68 300 Convt and it came with a 440/727. It'll have an 8 3/4 under it too and its probably a 742. You could swap in that 741 you have and build the 742 as a spare. So I guess I'll be coming back to El Paso to do a 440 swap :cheers: :D

well we will see on sat. If it has all of the goodies I will buy it gut and sell the rest. The 742 carrier in good shape is worth $400 so its worth it. you know george though.. Hlaf the time he is full of crap.

If I do pick it up the transplant wont take place for a while. I wwill just hawl everything back to AL. It would be cool to have Joe around to help me build the 440 though. I found a perfect 64 fury 2dr, juust cant get the guy to give a straight answer for how much he wants. You didnt meet this guy but he is a major pain in the Axx. Has a lot of cool stuff thats always for sale until you ask the price and then it belonged to his brothers uncles sisters son and he cant let go for less than 10K. You know the type.

On Saturday we will see what happens.

chad72duster said:
thats the plan, keep my 340 and build the the 440 if the deal goes through. part out the rest on ebay or MOPARTS hopefully make back my $400 bucks and take about a year or two and build the 440. If I do this I want to go with a high compression set up and push the limit. I may even stroke it what the hell. I may be a ble to get my buddy Joe to let me do the machine work at his shop for free so then its only parts. Build the lower half and the save up the cash to go with some dart or some other aftermarket High flow heads. Jump it up to about 650 to 700 HP set up the 727 and a stall and some gear and look for some 10's.

The i may have to go look for Brett :D of course that will take few years.

Bring that Big Block on over :lol: Just tach weld your headlights in first! :p

Id love to hav that motor i love big blocks there always gonna be my first love i still need to talk to my buddy about his 69 440-6 for my car! :scratch:

THEWHITEZOMBIE said:
Id love to hav that motor i love big blocks there always gonna be my first love i still need to talk to my buddy about his 69 440-6 for my car! :scratch:

You should be talking to him instead of pumping money into your 318.

Ya i know but i need a car that gets better gas then my truck with a tank that get me 8 MPG so the 318 is gonna stay in her for a few,or a 340 if i can get one then im gonna do a 416 strocker like Scotty,his car is my idle! :salut: im still gonna get the 440 when the time is right hes not doin anything with it he has no mopar for it or anything its just sittin in his garage for now and she runns two we pulled it out of his old 69 RR car was a mid 11 sec car,that car moved out we pulled the 440 and put a 318 in her and sold it to some kid,the 440 is still there i just saw her today :sunny: thats for when i get older and i dotn care about my car beeing streetable anymore but im still gonna try to get it just to hav her around with me! :afro:right now my mom is getting tired of her Cornet just sittin there in the drive way and nodady working on it cuz im always workin on my two Zombies or my dads Duster so her car just stis and rots out so shes thinkin of given her to me! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: its a 67 Cornet 440-4 speed it was my dayliy driver my junior year in hight school now she just sits there! so i hope she breaks down and gives it to me :afro: :cheers:

dont worry Brett it will be awhile before I head your way. Looks like things are going to stall may have to take car money and sue the bastard who was building my road in AL into my house. Took a 5 grand draw put about $1500 in the road and wont finish the job. I am going to have to come out of pocket to have another guy finish it up and the sue the piss out of this guy or just go home and beat the bastard down. Most likely I will go with the last one at least that way I will get something, if its nothing but the satisfaction of kicking this SOBs Axx

Geeeesh, why is it so hard to get what you pay for anymore. I'm going to court tues with the body shop who screwed my car up. Bodily harm would be more fun! I don't need the money!

it just seems that is the way people are now days. No one takes pride in there work anymoe. Most people it seems are just out to screw you over.

-
Back