How about a break here PLEASE

-

plum crazy dart

Reaction score
I'll try to keep this relatively short.
As many of you might know I've been out of work for quite a while. Had a call from my previous employer telling me they were going to bring me back. :D Weeks pass and keep getting "it is going to happen" nothing happens. :banghead: Ok no problem, had a job interview went great. Drug test, no prob Physical test no prob, but blood press 178/108. Problem. It's a driving job so I could only get a DOT card good for 90 days. Go to Doc (pay cash, no ins) got some bp meds. Ok. Now still waiting for job prospect to call me.

Son's grandpa finds out he's dying from cancer, nothing they can do, has to put his dog down when he gets released from hosp. Sons grandmother tells him he's flying to Fl so he can share the driving with his uncle to come home before his father dies. My son goes down there with one change of clothes as they are supposed to get a rental car and head home the following day. Well now his uncle dosen't have the $ for a rental and his mother has no $. Sons grandpa won't send him the $ because he's not in the right state of mind. Now the uncle is not coming home and my son is told he has to pay for/find his own way home. Now because he has been gone so long he most likely won't have a job when he gets back. He wanted me to call his mother/grandmother and tear them a new one. I told him I couldn't because I can't get my bp going (I had to tell him about the dr visit and that the dr told me I am a canidate for a heart attack with my bp the way it is) So he called them lost his temper (don't blame him) and broke his phone. He just called me sobbing his chest hurts, he's worried about me, he has to pay to get home, he broke his phone and prob don't have a job. I'm sitting here and it feels like my heart is going to beat right out of my chest. When will this end. Sorry I know there are some of you out there in worse shape. I just needed to vent. Thanks for listenin

Vent away Plum! It's all good buddy. God gives no one more than they can handle, and you, apparently, are a bad ***. :)

X 2 Vent away it helps in a lot of ways,like BP I am on meds and lately have been blowing my stack then I am able to calm down.Prayers for your whole family.

Hang in there Peter, it will get better, I will pray for you, your son and grandpa.....vent as much as you need

Ugh. Seems everybody's havin trouble. Kitty gets paid this week. I will try to slip you a little something.....I mean you did for me and you're hurtin. Least I can do.

^^^^NO absolutely not Rusty. I didn't give you something to have you give me something back. I'm not hurtin that much, It's mostly psycological

I sent you that little gift because I got an unexpected income from fixin that guys bike.

Well if you need sumffin, you let me know. I will do it if I can.

I know what you mean on the blood pressure mines been 195/93 for over 3 months my friends is 210/105 and he just had quadruple bypass. goodluck on the job hopefully one of us will get out of the slump

Take care of your health man. Diet and exercise helps a lot. Dr wanted to put me on medication a couple years ago. I said no way are you giving me that poison. Changed my eating and diet and exercise now. I lost 40 pounds (went from a 34/36 waist to a 30/31 waist) Blood pressure came down from high to good. Triglycerides went from like 200 to 86ish. Cholestoral dropped from 240+ to about 205. My dr was impressed. Asked how I did it. Told her diet and exercise. It's all about will power.

Take care or your body man. Too many make excuses not to do what is needed.

This is a shitty run that you are in right now, no doubt bout it. Sorry to hear, both you n your son dont need this added stress. Vent away and chin up, the odds are in your favor now!

Thanks all, we're bound to have a turn around in the luck dept sooner or later. Till then just keep plugging along.

Prayers sent! Was just thinking maybe some members could chime in that live in the area and could relay him home. You know each member drive him as far as the next? Just a thought I'd help if I was on that side of the country.

I have gone through some pretty crappy times. All I can say for sure is that it WILL get better even though it doesn't seem that way. Had to get rid of a nice boat and project car to make ends meet which hurt at the time, but had to move on. Things are better now, but I am still not back to where I was and probably never will be. Prayers sent my FABO brother.

He is in Bunnell, a relative of the family down there is going to drive him home for $200 for gas. A train is $300+. Short notice 1 way flight is $400+, short notice round trip about the same.
Ya I hear ya on the getting rid of stuff. I already sold a snowmobile and trailer, and a small aluminum boat, still have a sled and a bike for sale.

I am 3 hours north of orlando but if he can fly that cheap I will help him with a plane ticket. We all have troubles but at the moment I can try to help him out.

I see flights from Orlando (not too far from Bunnell) to Providence (looks like 90ish minutes from you) for $111 one-way today/tomorrow or $91 on Saturday. That's cheaper and faster than $200 gas.

Hope that helps!

http://www.southwest.com/flight/shortcut/select-flight.html?fromShowItinerary=1&disc=sdc%3A1370536518.975000%3A2bbae_nsRq6UyMYXm0kVbA%407747AEF90BC98D4D29E84050B2CE82AA7869D0AC&ss=0&int=&companyName=&cid=

Wow Thanks!!!!! Clicked link it shows me $133. But that's still damn good. I looked on many sites that compare prices to bradley international cause thats right down the road.

Jacksonville to Providence, RI is $133 Today/Tomorrow/Saturday, if that's better?

-
Back