How bad did I drop the ball?

-
Holy crap! His wife just called me with the total. Seems it's going to only run about $50 more than the very first price I got. And that's going to include replace two more brake lines that were found to be rotted. I'm not sure exactly what I'm feeling right now, but it might be pleasant surprise...

Holy crap! His wife just called me with the total. Seems it's going to only run about $50 more than the very first price I got. And that's going to include replace two more brake lines that were found to be rotted. I'm not sure exactly what I'm feeling right now, but it might be pleasant surprise...

His wife called you!!

This fruit loop is not professional at all!

Well thats awesome news. After all that you have been through Im glad that its looking like the guy isnt trying to screw you over with the price. If he stands by what his wife said it should help wash a little of the bad taste from your mouth I bet.

:wav:

Woo, Hoo........It's happy hour. That is the best news I've heard alllllllll day :cheers:

Well, his wife is in charge of reception/billing at the shop...so she would be the one calling. So...new front end...new brakes...getting a windshield next month...bitchin' leopard print seats...maybe things are turning around just a bit...perhaps I should call that girl who gave me her number at my reunion last weekend...:cheers:

That is great news about the car.

Go ahead and call the girl.......................
as long as it wasn't your family reunion.:-D Lol.

Pay the bill, get the car on the hook going home, and then....
RUN AWAY SCREAMING!
Or laughing, crying with relief, etc. We all learn the hard way sometimes, I wish I could say I haven't!
FREE AT LAST FREE AT LAST GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY FREE AT LAST!
Or something llike that!
alan627b

Pay the bill, get the car on the hook going home, and then....
RUN AWAY SCREAMING!
Or laughing, crying with relief, etc. We all learn the hard way sometimes, I wish I could say I haven't!
FREE AT LAST FREE AT LAST GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY FREE AT LAST!
Or something llike that!
alan627b

LOL! That's funny.

Next time pharmboy when you have some work done to your muscle car make sure you don't let the mechanic know that is not your only source of transportation. Tell them stuff like "My mom will take me to work for a couple times but anything after that I'm on my on." or " I can't afford cab fee much so let me know when you when you get it done." etc.... You will get the car back faster I promise.

Yeah...he knows it's not my only way around, namely since he's seen my pickup...and what was left of my motorcycle...and no, I don't pick up women at my family reunions...I do have standards, after all

Did you know that almost ALL of the suspension parts you need for your "A" body can be purchased over the counter at your local "AUTOZONE" parts store. If you don't have a local store, you can go on-line to http://www.autozone.com. I just rebuilt my suspension with their ball joints, tie rod ends, bushings, etc. You can find all the help you need right here. I had problems and these folks helped me overcome them. Get your car out of there now.

Yeah...guess there are limits to what good luck can do...it would seem the girl has sobered up and decided that screening her calls would be a good idea...

Yeah...guess there are limits to what good luck can do...it would seem the girl has sobered up and decided that screening her calls would be a good idea...

Are you talking about the reunion girl or the mechanic's wife ? :lol:

Well, his wife is in charge of reception/billing at the shop...so she would be the one calling. So...new front end...new brakes...getting a windshield next month...bitchin' leopard print seats...maybe things are turning around just a bit...perhaps I should call that girl who gave me her number at my reunion last weekend...:cheers:

Good to here! live and learn. Thats all you can do.

Did you say leopard print seat's? Well.... What ever floats your boat. LOL

It's getting out of the shop today...finally. After six months...and he's even got a dual-snorkel hood scoop hanging on his wall that I might try to get out with.:cheers:

Get the car and part's,then find a real mechanic,Mustang 11,who is this IDIOT

Well...after six months, and it's finally DONE! It ended up costing roughly $300 more than the original quote...but it's also got new drums in the rear, new brake lines all around, new master cylinder, and he got my choke working right. I got it out of his shop the day before Thanksgiving, and got it aligned the day after Thanksgiving(8 hours in the alignment rack)...and it drives like a completely different car. Stops quick/straight, and is more nimble than a 41 year old car deserves to be. And for $150, I got my mechanic to throw in an original dual-snorkel hood scoop he's had hanging on his wall since 1980-something.:cheers:

With the way things were sounding at the begining of this thread thats GREAT news!! In the end you are happy with it and he didnt hit you for thousands of $'s. Glad to hear that its home with you finally and you are getting to enjoy it!!

Good to here you are in joying your ride and did not get ripped off to bad.

Now go put in thows leopard print seats.

-
Back