How big are the critters where you live.

-

donald-trump-its-yuge.jpg

Huntsman by my size 12 work boot. Don't have pictures of the other oversized critters from Kansas or Florida at the moment.

facebook_1496501222874.jpg

Had a mother bear and 3 cubs in the yard today. She destroyed my feeders last night, liked them so much she came back, lol

Yeah, we used to get big spiders back in Memphis. Wolf spiders and black widows the size of a silver dollar. But the really big ones were the giant garden spiders...

4b724e5fc69a75b63ae210a3d468ae16.jpg

I get trash pandas all the time.
But I get all kinds of critters in my back yard. Every thing squirrels, fox, bobcats, deer, turkey bald eagles and even a small black bear.
But this is what showed up a few months ago. The biggest so far.

IMG_0542.JPG

I've yet to get a pic of the black bear that comes into the backyard. Paw prints puts it in the 200-250# range.

Deer bed all over the place out back.

Coyote came in as close as the shed next to the house, from Karli told me. I got home and he was yipping out at the point of the property 300' away.

I wouldn't be worried about the size of that raccoon, but rather why it is out in broad daylight. They are nocturnal creatures. When they are out in the daytime, it usually means something not so good......like rabies. Be careful.

200 lb. or bigger black bears all over the place. Small deer, but never see any big bucks. Lots of cottontail rabbits too. Skunks. We also grow some good-sized red squirrels here. Around here I never see any coons, coyotes, or road runners!

In the last year, ... My house cat, has dragged in garter snakes, has had encounters, ..with ..Skunk, ( Hitting a skunk" with a water hose..isn't good... My cat wanted to throttle it...) , a Possum... , a flashlight flare ,fixed that... And a cool Raccoon looming, for food... It seems to be a growing issue, in metro areas..( Pismo Beach? It's beyond that....) Good idea, for a thread ..RAY.

How big?

Pretty big. Grizzlies are common outside of the city. See them quite often when I go to the mountains, about an hour away. Inside the city? White tail/Mule deer are common, gotta keep an eye out for them. Especially going down the highway through the river valley. Cougars sometimes follow them in. Coyotes have been seen chasing them inside the city. Lots of canadian geese in the city, which are surprisingly large and can break your arm if they whap you with their wings. Seen hawks/eagles before as well.

Gotta love that Canadian wildlife.

I can see it now!! That would be funny.
We pretty much have all of the above. Don`t see or hear of the mountain lions, or black bears much, but their out there. Think it gets too hot for them in the summer here, to get very many. Was digging a new ditch for my underground elec. service last spring, the dogs were going off, when I looked, a young buck white tail was standing out in the side street watching me. We had a pair of foxes living in the abandoned houses` yard next door, before the neighbors moved in. Would have to see a fox as big as a german shepard, must be a small dog. My german shepard is 4 times as big as the foxes that were next door, or the ones my ex boss used to feed where we worked, they aren`t much bigger than a house cat, except for their long legs .

We get a variety of wild critters. Here's a Black Rat Snake that was a little closer to the house than I like recently. Took it down to the field. We get a variety of regulars - rabbits and squirrels, some deer and an occasional turkey. Over the years we have also had a few farm aminals stroll through. Largest prob was at least a few hundred pound, full grown hog.

2017-04-30 11.54.10.jpg

I wouldn't be worried about the size of that raccoon, but rather why it is out in broad daylight. They are nocturnal creatures. When they are out in the daytime, it usually means something not so good......like rabies. Be careful.

Sorry Rob.
It can be a sign and I keep my distance with all wildlife it's not true about them being strictly nocturnal.

Top 10 Raccoon Myths

-
Back