How can you tell difference between 67-69 Barracuda doors

-

Wizard

Reaction score
I have a door and not sure what year it is. It has the glass in it and regulator. It is either a 68 or 69 as there is no vent plastic piece on the bottom as a 67 has. Is that a one year only with the vent for 67? Here is the door

IMG_3049.JPG

IMG_3050.JPG

IMG_3051.JPG

IMG_3052.JPG

IMG_3053.JPG

IMG_3054.JPG

I am pretty sure that is a 68-69. I believe 67 doors have an opening at the bottom of the door on the inside for a vent.
door.jpg

My 68's have the vent, 1 year 67 or 69 has the lock rod (pull knob)further forward,almost 1/3rd of the way, with a bell crank attached to the shell behind the door card.

My 68's have the vent, 1 year 67 or 69 has the lock rod (pull knob)further forward,almost 1/3rd of the way, with a bell crank attached to the shell behind the door card.
my 68 has the vents too----

I think that’s a 69. Sort of see where the button is mid door.

And by the rear droop of the window top, I think it has notchback glass. Need pic with window rolled up some.

There are four things to look at all three doors are different (each one year only)

Mirror location
67 Forward

Lock location
67 Rear

Vent (bottom of the door)
67/68 Yes
69 No

Vent screw location
67 in the channel (68/69 on the panel above the channel)

Alan

Last edited:
There are four things to look at all three doors are different (each one year only)

Mirror location
67 Forward

Lock location
67 Rear

Vent (bottom of the door)
67 Yes

Vent screw location
67 in the channel (68/69 one the panel above the channel)

Alan
Did 68's have the vent on the bottom?

Did 68's have the vent on the bottom?

Yes.

Where is the door lock button? If it at the end of the door, it’s a 67-68. If it’s 10-12” away from rear of door, it’s a 69.

Yes.

Where is the door lock button? If it at the end of the door, it’s a 67-68. If it’s 10-12” away from rear of door, it’s a 69.
As you can barely see it in one pic the lock button. Looks to be a 69 then. Any difference it being a notch or fastback? Does it matter? Will door fit as it should on either model?

Door itself fits all 3 body styles but glass is different for all 3.

Notchback glass will have a curve to the whole topside of glass. Fastback and conv will be square at top rear.

Wizard, move the window up and we can determine what glass it has.

There are so many suptile differences between all three years second gen barracudas. This just is one of many.

Notchback glass will have a curve to the whole topside of glass. Fastback and conv will be square at top rear.

Wizard, move the window up and we can determine what glass it has.

Here are more pics of the door and glass. I take it its a 69 and seeing the glass is curved it would be a notchback door?

IMG_3059.JPG

IMG_3060.JPG

IMG_3061.JPG

IMG_3062.JPG

The interior bracing for the vent window frame is also different between the years, but I think the mystery has been solved here, that’s a 69 notchback door.

The interior bracing for the vent window frame is also different between the years, but I think the mystery has been solved here, that’s a 69 notchback door.
Yes, its a 69 Notchback door. Question is though, if you put this on a fast back car, would the window not seal tight in the roof line when window completely rolled up? Would you see a gap between window and roof line?

Yes, its a 69 Notchback door. Question is though, if you put this on a fast back car, would the window not seal tight in the roof line when window completely rolled up? Would you see a gap between window and roof line?

No, the window will not seal. I believe the glass can be swapped tho.

There will be a gap for sure.
Well this may have answered my puzzling question. My 69 Vert. Barracuda front passenger window and vet frame does not go up to the roff weatherstipping. The driver side is good to go nice and tight to the top. My passenger vent frame is flat on the top of the vent frame and the door glass is seated nicely to the top of the inside of the vent frame. I'll try to snap some pictures of the top down and the windows up on both sides.

IMG_8163.JPG

69 at Rod's Sept. 2016.jpg

Vert doors have a plastic "wedge", is it a vert door?
Lay a straight edge across the top of glass on both sides to compare.

I have more questions on these doors. Can you tell by the vent window wing door lock if its a specific year or model? I am posting some pics of different wing window lock designs and can anyone tell me specifically which design is a 67 door and which represents a 68 door? And can anyone clarify down on the vent at bottom of door where do you look for the screw in the "channel" and Vent screw location 67 in the channel (68/69 on the panel above the channel). I don't understand where to look for the screw at?

Also, if anyone can see or tell difference of a convertible barracuda door let me know in these pics. Its the same as a notchback door but believe the chrome strips location is difference.

Thnks,

Wizard

IMG_3743.JPG

IMG_3744.JPG

IMG_3750.JPG

IMG_3751.JPG

IMG_3756.JPG

IMG_3758.JPG

IMG_3777.JPG

IMG_3778.JPG

IMG_3763.JPG

IMG_3765.JPG