Which is heavier?

• Old deal

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • New deal

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
-

Krooser

Building Chinese Free Engines since 1959...
Reaction score
Just weighed both my old rod/piston combo and the new ones. Trying to see if I need to rebalance.

Old setup....Ross 4.030 pistons and stock 340 rods.

New setup... Racetec 4.040 pistons and Crower billet rods.

Same rod bolts...same ring pack and bearings.

Closest guess gets a 5 day/4 night no expense paid vacation to Rusty Rat Rod's Peach State Resort.

Hear the thunder from his Slant Six powered push mower....enjoy the sights and sounds of the world's #2 rated Redneck Resort right behind any number of former Army FOB's in the now verboten Afghan resort town of Shitholia.

Shower shoes recommended...bring your own soap.

Last edited:
You need to rebalance. Even if they weigh overall identical weight to each other I would imagine the big and small end weights and piston weight etc would all be different spots if you know what I mean.

Its too good! A 50/50 shot! I cant resist! BUT.....I have to bring my own shower shoes? I feel the resort should supply those jail issued ones. That will keep all the Athletes Foot off me for sure!

Just weighed both my old rod/piston combo and the new ones. Trying to see if I need to rebalance.

Old setup....Ross 4.030 pistons and stock 340 rods.

New setup... Racetec 4.040 pistons and Crower billet rods.

Same rod bolts...same ring pack and bearings.

Closest guess gets a 5 day/4 night no expense paid vacation to Rusty Rat Rod's Peach State Resort.

Hear the thunder from his Slant Six powered push mower....enjoy the sights and sounds of the world's #2 rated Redneck Resort right behind any number of former Army FOB's in the now verboten Afgan resort town of Shitholia.

Shower shoes recommended...bring your own soap.
LOL Well, they'll have to like cats and they get a turn cleanin the catbox.

Okay....heres the answer.

Both the old and new combos weighed the exact same...1450 grams. The big end on the Crower rods was 3 grams heavier.

The guy that does my crank work sez I could be 25 grams off before I felt anything. My machinist that did the block work agrees.

So I will save that Grand Prize until its time for another contest. Too bad for RRR... He was itching for folks to try out his new Stronteum 90 powered outhouse.

I guessed the old setup but didn't vote and then read this. Not too surprised. Thanks for sharing this.

I glad I didn't win.
That's why I let it time out, I couldn't stand the thought of going to his place and seeing him running nekkid in the house at 3 am yelling ''Get them offa me!'' to imaginary bugs.
(J.K. Rob!)

Last edited:
I glad I didn't win.
That's why I let it time out, I couldn't stand the thought of going to his place and seeing him running nekkid in the house at 3 am yelling ''Get them offa me!'' to imaginary bugs.
(J.K. Rob!)

Weakling!!!!

I guessed the old setup but didn't vote and then read this. Not too surprised. Thanks for sharing this.
I had no idea this would be the case...the new pistons were lighter by 5 grams... the Crower rods are heavier by 5 grams...

I guessed right on the rod, piston was the wildcard. Not a bad outcome for Ya, huh?

-
Back