how close is too close to your tie rod end

-

chodge

Reaction score
Planning to order some custom backspacing on some 15x6 wheels. I have 2inch drop spindles and willwood disk brakes. Probably going to go with the 215/60/15. I have a 15x6.5 rim with 4.25" B.S. and I have about 3/4" between the two. Would like to tuck the tire in as far as I can as expected. Wondering how close have u guys ran your tie rod end to the tire before u have seen rubbing with heavy cornering ? Thanks for the help

Pretty close, but check it. I would guess that "bottomed out" and "fully extended" (A arms) are what would tilt the tie rod housing closest to the wheel. I would thing as close to 1/8" or so so long as you do check.

I run 14x7 Rallyes on a '65 Valiant and 15x7 Rallyes on a '72 Scamp. Both factory drum setups and both sets of wheels are 4.25 backspace. Under hard right turns, the passenger rim will touch the outer edge of the UCA on both cars. Might grind down the end of the UCA for clearance but for right now I am using 1/8 spacers to eliminate the problem. Wish I had 4" backspace on the wheels.

-
Back