How Cool is this

-

trapster

Reaction score
I was on TV and everything.

This year’s grand marshal is Donna Hay, an active community volunteer and widow of the late Paul G. Hay, former chairman of the Mayor’s Veterans Advisory Council. Mrs. Hay has been a driving force behind the scenes of the Mayor’s Veterans Advisory Council and Veterans Day Parade since 2005. The parade will provide a unique way to honor and pay tribute to both Donna and Paul Hay and recognize their many years of service to the City, veterans and the country.

Attachments

• 561729_423872531000914_2070403045_n.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 281
A couple of words of advice if you are ever asked to be in a parade.
1) IF you have a choice, drive the car with the automatic trans.
2) Bring several towels, your guests may want to sit on your boot with their feet on the seat.
3) Bring windex and paper towels for last minute cleaning.
4) Set your idle a little higher, this will help prevent overheating and stalling once it does. Half way through the parade the Dart started overheating, when it started doing that I held the gas pedal down so the idle was around 2 grand, this helped, but when I let off to brake it stalled. After this I used the emergency brake to stop. Fortunately this didn't happen in front of the grand stand and everyone still enjoyed the ride.

That's cool Trapster! Also a great "to do" list. I think I'll invent a small electric fan that attaches to the radiator support with magnetic strips that electrically clips to the battery for temporary parade use. LOL tmm

Not a bad idea, but nylon straps threw the radiator would also work.

Attachments

• veterans-day-24.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 163
Now that is very cool indeed :cheers: Congratulations and thank you for having the Dart ready :happy1:
for a proud day to show thanks to our Veterans :cheers: Well dun trapster :hello1:

-
Back