How did you run your fuel return line to fuel cell?

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
I think I need to run a return to my cell.

I run a gerotor type Holley HP pump that is normally quiet but seems to be getting louder probably from cavitation under low load conditions because the fuel has nowhere to go.
Running a Holley 870 street avenger.

What is the best way to run a return to my fuel cell?

I know I need to route it up to the top bung opposite the vent tube side but my question is: what regulator is best for a return style regulator?

Should I also run a dead head regulator after the return reg?

Never mind I got it figured out.

How did you do it? I wondering the same thing but to a sump in my stock '66 tank. I'm stumped on either going through or under the subframe where the torsion bar mounts...? I'm using -6AN lines both ways, what size was your return line?

IMO, -6 seems a bit small. Either use -10 or -8 from your fuel tank/cell. Use the -6 for your carb feed line, and -8 for your return line. Someone else on here might chime in with more info on this issue. IIRC, Barry Grant's web site had some illustrations on the feed systems for electric fuel pump/carb set ups.

return should be as big or larger than the feed side in most cases.

So I've been wondering why run -6 from the regulator to the carb and not just run -8 if the rest of the line is -8? Right now I'm running a Holley 950 HP that will eventually be converted to E85 and the guys at aeromotive said I definitely need a bypass regulator for that flow. So I too am curious as to how anyone has run the return line and what's the reasoning for the -6 to the carb. My whole fuel setup is wrong and I'm changing everything so I want to make sure I'm doing this right.

-
Back