How do I change the bulb that lights the AC/Heater buttons?

-

Al Bundy

four touchdowns!
Reaction score
70 Dart. I took of the bezel and lowered the assembly and the bulb doesn't appear to come out.there is also a plastic lense over it that I tried gently to pull off but it wouldn't budge. rather than force anything and risk damage I decided to ask you guys.

The bulb is a push and turn. The blue cover is supposed to slide off.

If the glass globe of the bulb comes out leaving the metal bulb base behind, you may need to pull the whole thing. 1 screw holds the bulb socket support in place.
Those plastic button stems are not the same light conducting fiber optic type material we have today. They yellow with age too. New bulb more trouble than its worth ? Good luck

If the glass globe of the bulb comes out leaving the metal bulb base behind, you may need to pull the whole thing. 1 screw holds the bulb socket support in place.
Those plastic button stems are not the same light conducting fiber optic type material we have today. They yellow with age too. New bulb more trouble than its worth ? Good luck

I partially cut the blue cover open on the bottom so more light could get to the buttons. Helped a little..

-
Back