How do I connect a remote starter?

-

53ryder

Reaction score
Was digging through some old tool boxes and came across a 'remote starter'. It's red plastic with a gun grip and a black trigger. There are two insulated wires coming out of the bottom. At either end of the wires is a spring loaded clip. How would I connect the 2 leads to try a 'remote start' on my '65 Dart?

Glenn

On the posts on the starter solenoid, if so equipped. Not to familiar with the earlier Darts, I'm assuming they would have the solenoid..

Put one lead on the positive and the other on the negative? Turn on the key and squeeze the trigger of the starter? That sound right then?

Glenn

Connect here, circled in red. Turn key on, push remote start button.

Attachments

• auto_starter_solenoid_small.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 436
I've always used a screwdriver... lol.But Bad Sports picture would be correct. + or - shouldnt matter really, all your doing is creating a short.

Yup, screwdriver works fine to. I prefer the remote starter for one reason, it helps protect the threads on the post.

I'm with you on that, I honestly never thought about useing a switch. Once I get the car back to where i'll be doing motor install i'll be making one for sure.

Nope, just hook it up, turn the key on and you are good to go. IF you want to turn the engine and not start it then unhook the coil wire.

I'm a BIG fan of parking brakes when starting the car remotely.

You mean a remote starter button. A remote starter is the thing
your girlfriend pushes on her keyfob while she is fixing her hair.

-
Back