How do I find this hood?

-

ColoMopar

Reaction score
Well, I just got back from picking up moparbanks project Demon. One of the items he included in the deal is the center cut section of a 2012 Dodge Challanger hood. His plan had been to recreate the hood on Mr Norm's pro touring Demon see pic below. I like it and would love to continue with that theme the only problem is, where do I find a hood that doesn't have the tynes on either side of the scoop?

Any ideas?

Attachments

• tn_71-demon-9.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 394
I could have brought the car by two weekends ago lol. I drove the car up to Denver and stayed in aurora! What part of aurora are you in? I was born and raised there.

I'm about as far east as you can get and still be in Aurora near E-470 and I-70. Sometimes those things work oout and sometimes they, it would have been nie though. I ended up taking a Duster with me in that direction that I sold so it's all good.

Your hood looks very cool, kind of a retro charger look. I know you'll appreciate what I'm wanting to do. Have you ever seen a Demon/Dart hood that didn't have the humps on each side like the one in the picture above?

That's funny, my parents had a house off of I-70 and Gun Club, back when there wasnt anything else out there. You must be in the same neighborhood. I drove thru the old neighborhood when I was up there. I couldnt believe how much that place had changed. They lived on Coolidge St. if I remember correctly.

On the hood, the 70-72 all had the spines running up both sides. I have another hood in the works now, but this one will be much easier to do being both pieces are steel lol. I would love to see what your plans are!

I think it's funny that you live in Chandler, I spent nearly 17 years there before coming to Denver. Ya, the neighborhood has grown quite a bit hasn't it?

Moparbanks had it mocked up on the hood with the spines, I'll try to get a picture of it that way posted for opinions.

Lol no $hit! What part of Chandler? Defanatly post some pictures. You do know that the challenger hood is made from aluminum? It makes it very challenging but not impossible to do.

Sorry my bad, meant to say I spent nearly 17 years in Phoenix, mostly Paradise Valley. But hey, it's a lot closer to Chandler than Denver is, lol.

Hey Jim, I haven't been on FABO for a couple of weeks. You're hard to keep up with. You went from Dusters to a Demon and changed your user name? Should have changed your name to whirlwind....lol.

-
Back