how do i get out of it without being rude

-
I'm a bit disappointed with this outcome. I was hoping you would get it and we would see a HEMI swap in a NEW Dart... LOL

Seriously - sounds like its all working out in a good way.

the best advice i took from this thread was to have a heart to heart talk with them. i did today because finally everyone was home and there was time to talk. we decided together to hold off for now .......they said its no rush and should i decide i need a new car we can always get one later. when i told my dad my reasons ...he laughed as he said he agrees with me. he has a 69 cuda FB that he bought in 1972 and it was our family car, even when i moved here it was still in service as a family car ....we went everywhere in that cuda ...i learned how to drive in that cuda and actually took my drivers test in it. well in 2006, the cuda was replaced as a family car in favor of a new mercedes benz (i know, i know) well after the cuda was retired ......it deteriorated really bad from just sitting next to the barn......mice got in it, the rubber all dry rotted, tires all went flat, exhaust rotted out......now its in the barn in pieces and is looking like its left for dead. well that is my fear for my dart and why i had an issue with this whole thing.....not that i didnt want it....but dont need it. my dad agrees that he should have kept the cuda going because now it needs a full resto to bring it back to how it was even in 06 which was still showing age then but still very alive. they expressed to me, that they were thinking i wanted a new car to be like some friends i have nearby from the richie rich neigborhood who all have new cars and such. i am a lot different from those girls because they all have I-phones and glamour clothes. Parents were thinking i was bothered about that when i am really not ....i dont even keep a cell phone and i make my own clothes ......i dont need all the glitz. They were not even worried about my dart or the reliability of it, they know i can handle an old car. we had fun today hanging out with eachother and my dad actually drove a new challenger SRT ......WOW those things have some power......and we all decided to hold off for now and if anything i got him excited and thinking about his cuda again ......that cuda is an old friend.......i smell winter project coming on. i hope i dont look bad to anyone here for influencing the hold off ....but i feel better now.
thats wonderful news rani. Sounds like your blessed with understanding, caring, guardians/parents that love you dearly! :)

:sunny: Great to hear Rani, Your parents must be awsome...Glad it all worked out for you..Another WIN WIN situation:cheers::cheers:...Bill

Rani, you handled the situation with a great deal of thought and maturity - a really impressive young lady!

Rani, I was hoping you'd take the Dart. Your parents must really care about you and your well-being. However, the way it worked out....open-ended....is just as good. I truly hope you will inspire your adoptive dad to get crankin' on that 'Cuda, as my son recently did by buying a Duster and getting me going on my Duster project again after way too many years.
That being said, you have no idea how many of us have, or know people that have, spoiled, unappreciative, demanding useless turds for kids and fully realize what your parents are trying to express with their gesture of generosity. You may not realize how lucky you are, but they realize how lucky THEY are. Probably moreso now that you've explained the situation to them.
Kudos to you, and your parents!

-
Back