How do I get the lock off?

-

keith9291

Reaction score
I am trying to get the lock off the glove box, can someone explain to me how to remove it? Thanks!

DSC00457.jpg

DSC00460.jpg

Depress tab in pic. You should be able to reach it. Slide cylinder out, unbolt the rest.

GloveboxLockRemovalTang.jpg

Depress tab in pic. You should be able to reach it. Slide cylinder out, unbolt the rest.

Good info. So that is how that comes apart. I left mine in when I repainted the glove box door. Just masked it off. I could not get that knob off! I will have to try that next time. Though I hope there is no next time. LOL

I guess my std answer of a plasma cutter is out of line here! :toothy10:

Good info indeed!

Thanks for the info..........just got my Ebay door in with a good knob bezel and was wondering how to get the know off. A little poking around and it popped right off.

Does it matter if it is in the latched or unlatched position? I can't find the tab because it is not real visable when it is installed.

I ran into the same problem but FABO members came through, This very picture worked for me,

Thank's Cherly,I been taping them off and working around them for years,I have learned something today and it's not even 3:30 Yet! :cheers:

gotta thank you again,This has trully been the rubic's cube of mopar for me for decades.

-
Back