How do I identify my mechanical fuel pump?

-

Bl1zzard

Reaction score
My 1974 Dodge Dart was originally a /6, now it's a 360LA. The PO reused a lot of parts and I'm wondering if my secondary stumble is caused by lack of gas from the mechanical pump. Is it possible the PO used the pump from the /6 with the stock 2 bbl carb and it's unable to feed the AFB 4 bbl that's now on it.

How do you identify the fuel pump to know if it's up to the task?

Thanks,

Rob

No, different pump. a good pump, IE "back when" we had brand name decent non China quality, would have the part no. stamped on the mounting flange, and a manufacturer's logo on there, Carter, etc

So far as testing, read the factory service manual. You can download them free from MyMopar There is a test procedure in there as well as specs at the end of the chapter

6 psi on the fuel pump exit.
Summit has the Carters too.

Screenshot_20200812-235830_Chrome.jpg

Carter also sells a muscle car series, that summit carries, it only like $5 more than their standard pump.

Carter also sells a muscle car series, that summit carries, it only like $5 more than their standard pump.
Can't get Carter up here in Calgary at my local auto parts store, called them and they have a Spectra. I have good luck with their fuel tank and sending unit made here in Canada so I'll try their fuel pump too.

Can't get Carter up here in Calgary at my local auto parts store, called them and they have a Spectra. I have good luck with their fuel tank and sending unit made here in Canada so I'll try their fuel pump too.
Try Summit racing, that is where I bought mine.

-
Back