how do i take off the fenders? 73 duster

-

eviper21

Reaction score
i know theres the 6 or so bolts across the top under the hood, and the bolt on the bottom front connected to that stabilizer bar. But i think im missing something else. I still cant get it off and i dont see any other bolts.

any input?? thanks!

There are two nuts / studs at the bottom, in front of the rocker panel. There is also one bolt holding it against the filler panel under the grill, and a few behind the grill attaching it to the radiator support.

See that tab sticking off the cowl in the pic? There is stud on the fender sticking down through it with a nut you have to take off. Think you can reach down in there with the door open and get to it. IIRC

Attachments

• 100_6215.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 144
Ahh, I forgot about that one! I think I got my little hands in through the hood hinge hole, but the splash guard is forward of that, so you can reach it from either side. Take note of the shims under there, too.

Yup, and there is also a strut from the lower front part of the fender to the bumper bracket. There is a bolt about 6" up from the bottom rear of the fender inside the wheel opening along with the two at the bottom of the dog leg. I'd pull the rear splash panel before anything. It will give you more access to the upper rear nut. If you can get the door open just right, you can use a 18" extension, u-joint, and a deep socket on it.

See that tab sticking off the cowl in the pic? There is stud on the fender sticking down through it with a nut you have to take off. Think you can reach down in there with the door open and get to it. IIRC
that's the one that I figure would be the one most people would miss.

-
Back