How do we blend race car and comfort?

-
Exactly, I pulled 3 car lengths out of the hole on it, but around 11 seconds later, I heard that blue Hellcat screaming up on me from behind at the end of the 1/4 mile. He blew past me doing 20 or 25 miles per hour faster than I was going, but not until I past the finish line first.

It was right then I knew, "I've got to have more power". This year if the supply chain ever comes through with fresh parts, my plan to nearly double the rear wheel horsepower should come to fruition.

Supercharged and turbocharged Mopar engines.

If I can keep it hooked up, it should run low 10's or better on the street, idle smoother, have stunning pull from 100 mph on up and still get good gas mileage when driven modestly.
What's powering your car now?

I’ve recently been thinking about this in terms of “How do I have a majority street driven car that can put the power to the ground AND corner well?”

Where do corner carving and straight line speed intersect? Trying to have the best of both worlds over here, haha.
Viper

The primary problem I found with today's cars is the same problem so many years go. Get them going out of the hole? My A-body with its small slicks, SS springs and Mosier axled 4.56:1 8 3/4" spooled rear is setup for launch. Race is over in first '60.
What
She's fast. But not stupid fast. It's manageable. A little hairy for pure street use. (Also would need bigger fuel cell. Lol)

I believe the A-body Duster is the best first time platform anyone could select for a drag/street build? Certainly the least expensive. Thus best bang for the buck in the Mopar world? You can still build a Chevy for less. (I'm guessing Nova for pure performance per dollar?) But a Duster will keep costs closer to Chevy? (While still keeping some classic muscle appearance and appeal?) A K-car would be less. But would look like a K-car? Hideous! Lol.
Someday that k-car will never look cool lol

No more black interior...no more rough idle..no more big cam..no more hi stall converter..no more 4.10, gears, no more headers and no more loud exhaust!
Smooth idle..,lots of lo end..noticeable but pleasant exhaust..good braking, handling and mileage!
I can hear the "murmurs"
No more fun! Just a boring cookie cutter "hot rod".

Your 3 or 4 builds away from seeing the light.
My post didn't say slow...beware of the quiet, hi torque street sleeper!

-
Back