how do you like your pizza??

-
I like any toppings even anchovies but not so loaded down that it gets soggy.

Dominoes/chain pizzas have a peculiar smell to me.

After going to a coal-oven pizza place in New York, it's very hard to find pizza that good anywhere else.

Come to Chicago, we'll show you some pizza... and ribs... and burritos.... and gyros... and Italian beef sandwiches...

Some local specialties around here...

Like Chinese food it's all been Americanized. If you want real Pizza you have to go to Italy. The stuff we have here while tasty, whatever way you like it, doesn't hold a candle to real Italian pizza.

After going to a coal-oven pizza place in New York, it's very hard to find pizza that good anywhere else.

Yeah, NY pizza is very good. Years ago, in another lifetime, I used to go to the Bronx every other week and on the way out after delivering salted fish all day I would hit the local pizza joint. Sit right there next to Hunts Point and have a slice of pie and a beer.

Oh the good ole days. :D

The Spicy Meatball pizza at Classic Crust (www.classiccrustpizza.com ) for NY Style, or
the or the special at Il Bosco (pepperoni and either jalapeños or hatch chiles, when they're in season) for wood-fired (www.ilboscopizza.com)

Included the links for my Phoenix area compadres who may not know about these places :)

Come to Chicago, we'll show you some pizza... and ribs... and burritos.... and gyros... and Italian beef sandwiches...

Some local specialties around here...

I agree, Karl, Chicago has great pizza, and those other specialties, and hot dogs. My sister lived near Sheffield and Diversey...also we'd drive out to Sarki's for a real breakfast experience!

I agree, Karl, Chicago has great pizza, and those other specialties, and hot dogs. My sister lived near Sheffield and Diversey...also we'd drive out to Sarki's for a real breakfast experience!

Love those Chicago hot dogs. Pizza Hut does some good pizza for a chain. We have a PaPa Murphys close. For $10 you can get a large perfect (1/2 Canadian bacon-pineapple and 1/2 pepperoni. I also like their chicken-bacon-artichoke thin crust. We also have a few local pizza joints that do a great job with their specialties. Let's talk flavors. My wife and I love beef and green olive. Damn it's salty and goes good with beer. I also like Canadian bacon and shrimp. Dang, I'm getting hungry but I have a crock full of chili made yesterday. (better that way)

-
Back