How do you measure caster/camber ?

-

68darrt

Reaction score
I am installing 73-76 disc brake stuff on my 68 dart and i was wondering if there is a way to measure caster/cmber without taking it to a shop and hooking it up to an alignment computer.

Buy a bubble gauge that goes on the front of the wheel. Better get good with a tape measure and a buddy as well for toe.

Probably not as accurate as a full laser alignment rack, but then again...i dont trust others to work on my car. So this is what i used.

Bubble%20Camber.jpg

Go pay for 2 wheel thrust alinment is the best advise I can give.

I'd pay for the alignment too. That tool is nice for getting it close, but an alignment rack is closer.

I am installing 73-76 disc brake stuff on my 68 dart and i was wondering if there is a way to measure caster/cmber without taking it to a shop and hooking it up to an alignment computer.

You can get it close, but no cigar. Alignment machines read small fractions of inches and degrees, pretty hard to do without a machine. JMO

I'm like Goody, I like to do it my self.
But to do it youself, ya gotta to have the tool.
You can get camber very close to 0 degree with a carpenters level, but you have to have the tool to get caster.
So I recommend go to a shop.

Guys I'm here to tell ya since I own an alignment shop and specialize in the field nothing I mean nothing beats a modern alignment machine and its capabilities to obtain a perfect alignment. The hand held camber tool pictured is a good tool for getting your wheel close to 0 camber after rebuilding the front end at home but you really want to have it done by a guy with a rep for doing it right. Even if you get it close with the camber tool there is still caster and toe to adjust to spec. Any change in camber affects these other angles also. www.davesautocool.com

And for all you guys registered here & close to enough to me here in Virginia I will give you a substancial discount on your Mopar muscle car...I love gettin muscle in the shop from time to time:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

-
Back