How do you put a price on your project car?

-

IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

Got a few and need to let one or two go. The Dart was going to get a Hemi. Also have the body, a 500ci Hemi Motor, Hemi K-frame, original Hooker headers, etc for the car. Got most of the stuff to put the stock rear inner wheel housings back in. New AMD stuff. I really wanted to do this car but age is getting in the way and just need to let something go. This is truly a beautiful

Nice car. When I buy I'm going to buy me a turn key car. I can't take all of the bending and crawling around like I used to, age kinda caught up with me ( 63 ).

Nice car. When I buy I'm going to buy me a turn key car. I can't take all of the bending and crawling around like I used to, age kinda caught up with me ( 63 ).
Au come on. You're just a youngin. O ps can be a complete finished vehicle.

When I went to sell a house many years ago the agent asked me for a price that, if I got it, would make me feel happy about the sale, and then he added 10%. I sold the house for 5% over my "happy price". Remember you only need one buyer and you can always lower the price. I think the key is to not regret that you made the sale.

Buyers have asked me HOW I arrived at the price? I said, besides looking at what people ACTUALLY pay for a comparable car, it boiled down to what it is worth to ME. Bottom line. IF I have to sell, it sells for whatver I can get.
Ant $ over the price of scrap is simply salesmanship!

Buyers have asked me HOW I arrived at the price? I said, besides looking at what people ACTUALLY pay for a comparable car, it boiled down to what it is worth to ME. Bottom line. IF I have to sell, it sells for whatver I can get.
Ant $ over the price of scrap is simply salesmanship!
Asking me how I arrived at a price, usually IMO is a smart *** question because the buyer thinks your asking to high a price...... Its as if they think their owed a explanation of why your asking what you are. Thats the price, make a offer or lets not waste each others time is my go to response
Im going to have to sell some welding machines and equipment this coming spring. The thought of dealing with people who think they can get over stress's me out especially when I know what I have and am selling it cheap
I swear if a young person starting out needing second hand equipment, I think id give stuff away, its easier and makes me feel good

Asking me how I arrived at a price, usually IMO is a smart *** question because the buyer thinks your asking to high a price...... Its as if they think their owed a explanation of why your asking what you are. Thats the price, make a offer or lets not waste each others time is my go to response
Im going to have to sell some welding machines and equipment this coming spring. The thought of dealing with people who think they can get over stress's me out especially when I know what I have and am selling it cheap
I swear if a young person starting out needing second hand equipment, I think id give stuff away, its easier and makes me feel good
I get a charge of the people that offer half of the asking price. :rofl:

BUT only when their ask price is 2 or 3 times what I figure its worth!!!!!

Me and my bud made 1 milion $ last week. I traded him my million $ turtle for his million $ frog!! We both cleared 1 million $! Redneck econ. 101

Worked for a friend of mine the seller laughed in my buddy's face but an hour later my buddy got a call, seller's wife made him take the deal. Never know.

Mopar 101. Take total $ investment, minus 75 percent equals fair selling price. Then, people will offer 1/2 that. Ex. 50k fresh restoration. 15k asking price and watch the low ballers flood in and what it's really worth experts. Also, people telling you what you "should have" done

To many bottom feeder pieces of trash. Was selling my house and a prospective buyer laughed at it and commented that it was a "fixer upper" he insisted that his agent give me a low ball offer and offer less than 1/2. Had I met the guy, I would have knocked him out cold. Eventually, received a full price offer plus some extras.

Hate your selling some of your equipment, hope it's not because of health problems. You guy's have been good to me and I really appreciate it.

Hate your selling some of your equipment, hope it's not because of health problems. You guy's have been good to me and I really appreciate it.
Appreciate that.....Selling because im done crawling lifting climbing kneeling sweating freezing dealing with a-holes chasing money, LOL..... I figured at 70 it was time to pack it in

This is a tough topic. Value. In the auction arena value is entirely what 2 or more bidders says is the value. In real world? Much depends on your targeted area. Competition of cars of simular make and build. Even time of year of sale has effects. Obviously as a seller. One hopes the item you are selling is rarer for that area and time. A buyer is hoping on how desperate is the seller to make sale.

I personally take what is the lowest amount I can accept. If in a position that the car "Has to go?" That amount falls. Then take the price that would be reasonably hopeful for highest bid. Then find average between those prices. Value is likely in that range. But again. Sale setting and item presentation plays last roll in sale success.

Try not get offended by low baller bids. It's not personal. "Presentation." Clean the item(s.) And the immediate area of which it's displayed. Even if that means moving item to a more favorable location and setting.

JMO.

Appreciate that.....Selling because im done crawling lifting climbing kneeling sweating freezing dealing with a-holes chasing money, LOL..... I figured at 70 it was time to pack it in
Your welcome. I hope that you have a car that you can enjoy with your retirement

Didn't they tell you todays 70 is yesterday's 50.

-
Back