How do you remove door glass

-

lunacy

Reaction score
How do you remove the door glass out of a 71 Dart hard top? I pulled the pin out of the regulator and freed it. Pulled the rubber stopper out of the top of the vent window track and unbolted the rear track. It seems to be locked into the front track. Do you have to unbolt the front track/vent window as well, I would think there is an easier way, but I'm not finding it. help!

pull the entire assembly (window/vent window frame) out of the door and the glass slides out the bottom.

Do a search under my name, I went through this with my Dart and I believe there are diagrams posted as well. Its a P.I.T.A.

got it done today. I wish someone would have mentioned the little allen head screw, but it came out with a little tugging after that.

Then how'bout a step by step for those of us about to face the same PITA? ;-)

alright, I have to go pull the glass out of the other side tomorrow. I will photo document the entire process.

There are 4 bolts, two in the front edge of the door above the hinges, one on the underside of the door hidden by a plug and one allen head hidden behind the small plug on the inside face of the door, just under the vent window itself. I am not sure if you have to remove the rear track and the regulator prior to removing the front track/vent window or not, but it still works if you do although, I would think the glass might be easier to control with a rear track still bolted in. Anyway, get everything unbolted, get a good grip on the vent window and tug. You have to kind of rotate it a bit to clear the front. Also, there is a plastic clip on the regulator that holds it to the glass. you'll have to remove the interior door panel to get to it, pull out the center plug with some pliers and then push the clip back through ot free the glass. I would think re-installation would be a much bigger pain. Maybe th eguy I sold my piece of glass to will post up re-installation instructions...

Thanks. I removed a tinted piece of glass a few months ago, and it involved an air-powered cut-off wheel to complete the job. I got the glass, but I ruined the crap out of everything else doing it! I think I missed the allen screw under the smallish plug! THANKS!

-
Back