How do you remove Duster windshield trim?

-

dartnabout

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I want to remove the stainless trim so I can sell it so I don't want to dent it. How do I do it? I am afraid of kinking it when I pry up with my screw driver. By the way I will be parting out the Duster. Some pieces are spoken for.

Go get a proper tool to remove it , they are only 10 dollars that all i paid for mine .If you do not it will all kink.

I got a cheap set of trim removal tools from harbor freight. They worked fine. It just takes patience.

I agree, it will save you in the end, pay ten bucks or pay out the butt to replace it.. I think there are little pins that hold it in place.

I don't know how your's is held on but on the cuda there are spring clips that are attached to the frame and run up underneath the trim into the trim recess. The trick is to run the tool under the trim and 'pry' the clips out from the trim. I put 'pry' in quotes because it can be a delicate procedure, especially at the beginning. Once you've got it started and get an understanding of how your trim is attached it will get easier. Good luck...I'm rooting for ya!!

A lot of the time I think we forget that these cars weren't meant to be taken apart...lol

-
Back