How do you roll rear wheel opening?

-

Stepper

Reaction score
I'd like to get the hemi dart rear wheel opening look, but I also want to have the opening look rolled or properly finished. I kinda prefer that look over the hard edge of the old school cut hemi dart wheel opening. Basically, I'm looking to open up the wheel well to properly expose the full circumference of the rear wheel, but want a finished edge look. I hope that makes sense.

Has anyone done this and possibly have a tutorial on here?

In case it helps, here's a picture of a car I found with the rear wheel opening pretty much dead on what I'm talking about.

View attachment 68dodge38007-1.jpg

IMO, the only way to get a 'rolled' edge or factory-appearing edge to the Hemi Dart rear wheelwell profile is going to be some fairly extensive bodywork. Probably easiest done with metal sections from several quarter panels per side.
As an alternative to opening up the entire rear tire area, I saw a similar Dart a couple of years ago that the owner raised the rear wheel opening about 3". Very subtle mod but enough to catch your eye. Looked really nice. I'll search through my photos and post a pic if I can find it.

You aren't going to "Roll" a bigger wheel opening. You can roll over the pinch weld and give a little side clearance.

You want larger wheel openings, you will be cutting, finishing and painting.

I'd hand make the wheel opening and butt weld it in, But get prepared for some metal banging.

-
Back