How does the wiper system work on an a body?

-

71 360 scamp

Reaction score
My wipers do not move at all, but I would like to get them working so I can drive my car without worrying about rain.

I took the wiper motor off, when I move the wipers by hand I can see and feel a straight bar, parallel to the firewall, moving from left to right. But that’s all I know.

What are the parts that connect the wiper motor to the wiper blades?

I found this animation http://auto.howstuffworks.com/wiper1.htm is this how our mopars work?

Either way does anyone know where I can get the parts and what parts to get in order to get the wipers moving?

Put your wiper motor back in it's place if it works. There is a bar that conmects things together. One of those bars seems to have come off the motor shaft. It just stays in place with a plastic nut or clip. Get on your back with a flashlite and look around. Might access the system through the radio hole. Keep us posted.
Small Block

Put your wiper motor back in it's place if it works. There is a bar that conmects things together. One of those bars seems to have come off the motor shaft. It just stays in place with a plastic nut or clip. Get on your back with a flashlite and look around. Might access the system through the radio hole. Keep us posted.
Small Block

Yep. The link I provided show the clips Small Block is refering to. I've seen them available on Ebay. Let us know how it pans out.

Pat

Thanks everyone.

So the end of the motor just clips onto the straight bar thats parellel to the firewall? Or is there another piece that connects the end of the motor to the straight bar?

Ill crawl under the dash tomorrow and see whats what, hopefully something just came loose.

Thanks again.

-
Back