How Fast with Hydralic Cam at the Strip

-
Doesn't anyone run solids on a hydraulic shaft in this day and age.
We ran solids on hydraulic shafts 40 years ago.

Doesn't anyone run solids on a hydraulic shaft in this day and age.
We ran solids on hydraulic shafts 40 years ago.
You can.... but the lash eats up a lot of duration, especially coming off of base circle...

You didn’t specify make, model, brand, of engine so I’ll add this, Kevin from KSR has a Camaro named soccer mom. Look it up. He runs deep in the 8s (might be in the 7s now on alcohol) with a big hydraulic roller. And he spins it 8600 rpm.

Yes, everything is available till you put your money down then it's backorder. The new normal.
Your best option may be to get a used stock cam to send to Oregon Cam Grinders. Ken has some good solid profiles available.

does a hydraulic roller count? My Valiant with 408SB runs 10.70 with a comp custom HR, 250° @ .050", .620" Lift with 1.6 Rockers using the stock mopar HR Lifters. I put some more power into it 2021 (this new cam and 1 7/8" headers), the converter now slips a little more a the top end - around 6700 rpm going trough the traps without any trouble. I´m thinking about getting a more serious cylinder head, see no problem in keeping the HR cam for me - even with a little longer duration.

Michael

It doesn’t matter how well matched the cam is to the combo....... when you add a hyd lifter to the equation, ultimately you’re at the mercy of how well the lifter translates the cam motion into the pushrod.
Which usually leaves something to be desired...... especially as the RPM goes up, and the spring loads are increased to maintain control of the valves.

In a race car, that’s a definite “no thank you” from me.

As for the original question......
Low-11’s for me with a Racer Brown ssh-44 in a 440, in a 3575lb B body.
Stock rockers with adjustable pushrods.
This ^^^^ is the straight up truth. I'll even add that right now in time, you just cannot trust almost anyone's hydraulic lifter. I've seen people tout Johnson's for instance, but I've also read about their failures too. If I was going to run a flat tappet hydraulic cam in something, I think I would ask around for a set of used Chrysler lifters and have them refaced and reworked. Ken Heard at Oregon Cam can make it happen. He might even have some. I cannot preach their good service enough around here.

You didn’t specify make, model, brand, of engine so I’ll add this, Kevin from KSR has a Camaro named soccer mom. Look it up. He runs deep in the 8s (might be in the 7s now on alcohol) with a big hydraulic roller. And he spins it 8600 rpm.
Mopar Power? Just kidding, trying to be funny!

My Barracuda went 12.4 with a 360 and the old MP 292/509 cam. I switched to a comp 292 high lift hydraulic flat tappet (something like 250/257 @ 0.05 and ~0.575 lift if I recall correctly).....that thing ate a lobe just after/or during the break in process and destroyed the poor 360....After that I went 410 stroker and solid roller.

-
Back